Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey there. Im looking for a reliable marker which is good on air, for around the 500 dollar range. My friend had let me try out his empire axe and i LOVED it. I heard that the invert mini performs and is just as efficient on air as the axe. So is the extra 100-150 dollars for the axe worth it?. I know the axe is slightly bigger and all and the spacing is better for people with bigger hands. But i just wanted to see what everyone thinks.

(i didnt want to post this in the invert forums because obviously everyone will favor the mini :p)

·
Administrator
14,162 Posts
well that is going to depend on what paint you are giving it more than anything

but on average yes, the mini is all those things

there are 2 generations of the mini and 4 poppet versions, the current ones and the vast majority of minis out there are are generation 2 poppet version 4 (g2p4)

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
are there any other markers ud recommend over the mini? around 500 or under. I am a fan of the price of the mini, i looked at the 2012 reflex rail and the etek 3, but the guy at the store made it sound like the axe was way better then both those guns. I was also looking into a macdev drone dx but ive heard the trigger is garbage and obviously parts might be hard to find for that gun. The only reason im so worried about air efficiency on my guns is because the place i go to has an old air compressor that only fills up to 3000 psi. I have a GOG G1 and i used to have a DP G4, and they are both so bad on air.

·
Administrator
14,162 Posts
etek 3 over everything you mentioned. if you feel like you have a grasp on how to do maintenance on the G4 and G1 the etek 3 wouldnt bee too much harder.

personally i like the rail because of the smooth quiet shot but all together it will be close to your g1, not really much of an upgrade. the mini will get better efficiency but the trade off is it will be louder and kick a little more. etek 3 will be a little louder than your g1 but will get far better efficiency and the kick will be about the same

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
would the etek 3 and the mini be around the same efficiency? Im kind of a fan of a marker thats loud and has a kick lol. so im not worried about that :p. i was playing with a guy on the weekend who had a brand new etek 3, he was shooting inka silver, and breaking endless amounts of balls, thats why made me start looking around at other markers. I shoot the crappy hard shell stuff, mainly infinity, camotac, graffiti or draxxas basic training

·
Administrator
14,162 Posts
its not the marker thats breaking them. you found the one guy who either has his set up wierd or is using brittle paint on a cold day.

if its brittle paint on a cold day the mini is not going to fair any better

what you were seeing were barrel breaks which has nothing to do with the marker anyway

etek > mini

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i just wish the etek 3 had better colors! all my other stuff is red! :p. Instead of making a whole new thread i just thought id ask it here. Is anyone here familiar with macdev drone dx's? i was somewhat considering getting one but dont know much about them and even on youtube there arent many videos or reviews. I live in ontario canada so getting parts for one might be a little hard :p

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
actually even more then that lol, when you customize it adds 50 bux lol. why must this hobby i love so much be so expensive!!!!!!!!!

You seem to know a lot about paintball, are there guns around the 300-400 dollar range ud recommend? how is the azodin zenith or the GOG eXTACy?. Long story short, if the gun shoots nice and quick, doesnt break balls all the time, and is reasonable on air, im game!

·
Administrator
14,162 Posts
ans has free shipping for anything over $100.....

i would NEVER recommend anything from GOG, long story short the brothers that run that company are the same bastards that ran Smart Parts and the way they make money is my cheating, swindling and otherwise screwing the players and the industry out of it. give them a cent and you can be sure that it will go to trying to screw the industry out of more money

azodin makes some good markers but a little over priced considering the spyder lineup is the same markers for cheaper.

so what happened to the $500 price range you have in the original post? for $300 though i would recommend the proto rail or the morkal aura, both good markers, the invert mini is right around there as well and will be better on air

1 - 20 of 35 Posts