Heh, I missed the day-of pricing, but I did see the event times. I was wondering if most people play through the whole event, or if it's more laid back and people just come and go as they please?Walk on price (Day Of) - $80, so yeah i'd assume so
according to the poster, game times are as follows
saturday 1030am-3pm, 4pm-7pm, 9pm-whenever
sunday 1030am-2pm, 2pm-3pm
i got both those by just reading the poster.
I try to visit the paintball forums at least once or twice a day and if there are any questions, I will try to answer them to the best of my ability. (I'm on about 15 paintball forums lol)I've never been to a scenario game before, and I'm interested in DoN. It looks really fun, but I have some questions:
1) Do you have to sign up in advance? I see the registration page on decayofnations.com, but I've read elsewhere that you can just show up (walk-on)?
You can show up on the day of the event, but it is best to sign up in advance because you can save up to $15 between the pre-reg price and the day of price.
2) Since the event is 24-hours, does everyone play for the entire time, or can you just play for 8 hours or so and leave at your leisure? I live an hour away from SC Village, so I figured camping there was unnecessary. But, if I'm not camping, I probably couldn't stay all day and night
I always like to call these type of events, "weekend scenarios", since the action is not a continuous play for 24 hours. As you can see on the flyer, there are times when the game is active. You can come and go on the playing field as you like (mainly to refill on paint, air and water), but you do have to abide by the re-spawn rules that they have for this event when you get back on the field.
I personally live about 45 mins away, but I am camping it there because I'm already there and since I'm playing both days, I don't have to worry about packing my gear up, going home, waking up early to find parking and setting up my area again. I can just wake up with enough time to get ready for play on Sunday.
3) I've seen people ask about how much paint to buy, and I know this is very hard to answer. I'm a relatively slow shooter and I don't waste paint unless I'm close enough to hit someone/can actually see them. Fitting that description, how much do you think I would use in a day? One or two cases? (I use about 3/4 of a case for a day playing at normal fields)
My answer to that question for you is a max of 2 cases for your style of play. But I have a feeling that you may end up using just one case of paint. In regards to the 3 grades of paint, this is my suggestion, go with the mid-grade paint. It is a better quality paint and you get 2000 instead of the 1600 for the low-end paint. I was informed by Gio (one of the co-owners of SC Village and Giant Paintball) that the paint manufacturer has guaranteed that the paint will be top-notch this year.
4) I've heard that parking is a nightmare. What times are the best to arrive? And decayofnations.com says parking is $10, is that for the entire day?
Last year's parking wasn't too bad, but then again, it's best to get there early. I will try to post up a picture of the parking situation for this year. I believe the $10 is the entire day.
5) I keep reading about scenario roles (such as engineer and medic). Do all scenarios have these, because many forum posts don't seem to differentiate between different scenarios? How is it done in DoN?
Most scenarios do have the typical roles as medic, engineer, demolitions and spy. With DoN, they only use the engineer and demolition roles because players don't like the spy role and in regards to the medic, you are given a set number of "Death Cards" in which when you are shot, you find the nearest ref and give him or her a death card. That ref will indicate a safe place for you respawn and you are back in the game! However, you are only given a limited number of these cards and last year only 4 were given out per person.
I realize these are complete newbie questions, but I can't seem to find answers anywhere else. Thanks in advance.