Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Holy ****ing Asscrackers!
6,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Scale Models....and XMODS

Anyone into making those scale car models? I've made probably about a dozen so far. Prowler, Viper, Shelby Series 1, Boss Mustang, Fox Cobra Mustang, SN95 Cobra Mustang, a couple of 240Zs (one has a 340 engine from a Duster I made and was smashed :D), various muscle cars, a Z06 vette, etc.

Well the one(s) I'm working on now is a Hemi 'Cuda. My gf always said she wanted a Cuda, so I'm giving her one :p I saw a hardtop at WalMart and got it, then when I went to the hobby store to get paint for it, I found a convertible, it looked different, but turns out they're practically the exact same thing (one is made by Revell, the other Revell/Monogram 0? )

Well I'm making the hardtop for her, and the vert for me. The purple is a Kandy Purple Pearl over a metallic blue. I tried just the purple, but it pulled away from the edges and was too thin.

I haven't done anything else other than paint some of the other parts (engines, etc.), so we'll see if I mess up the body paint with the glue like I usually do. I must say tho, these have come out the best of all of them so far, cuz I took my time and didn't spray a ton of paint on it at once, so it's lookin pretty good. I'm not going to sand it cuz it's a PITA with so many small spots and so many edges, my gf will have to deal with some orange peel :p

·
Registered
967 Posts
im into customizing models alot

ive done various DUB CITY models some muscell car models

im currently working on my XMODS from radioshack you can mod the heck out of these with body kits paintjobs and any type of fabrication that you can think of

and you can do performance mods suck as AWD, new motors, new suspension, and how the car is powerd(stock: 4 trippleA's, or you can power them by lithium ion batts)

there fun

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
I got into it for a bit. Lol for the last 2 winters i've been building a 95 viper. I dont have a lot of high end stuff to do it, but i get by. I got pissed when i tried to put the body on but ended up poping off a wheel well and the spring inside (NOTE, took me like 20 tries to get the spring in there. I'm using like 10yr old model glue :) ) Its nice, i enjoy it lots of fun. I got to do the paintjob and customize the inside as much as i could w/ a tiny brush and my shaky hand. Hope i finally get back into it and trim the body and finish this thing...

Also I've also done 1 gundam model. Its ok, but i've bent like 2 things dammit. I like posing it, it looks pretty bad ass.

·
6,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i have a helluva shaky hand so it's hard for me to do really fine stuff. I have a really think brush but it doesn't help much...

·
Registered
967 Posts
yea i have a shaky hand to

youd never realize how hard it is to make a custom bumper for a 98 supra with modeling puddy until you actualy try it...never did finish...maybe ill go back to it.

·
6,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
which xmods do you have? my gf I think got me one for xmas, either the mustang, maro or vette, cuz the rest are rice

·
6,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I got the camaro, but I bought an 04 Mustang Cobra kit. the kit includes the body top and the 2 different front/rear bumpers/side skirts/spoilers (as well as the stock ones), the 3 diff. sets of wheels, and the AWD. I'm looking at all the stuff people are doing with them, theres tons of diff. motors, and you can use lithium ion batteries to make it go faster and upgrade the MOSFETS and all kinda of carbon fibre crap. people are spendin way too much money on these things.

is it just me or is it a PITA to get the damn car to go in reverse? it says to press it twice to go backwards, but i have to press it like 20 times to get it to do anything other than twitch a few times, its really pissin me off.

·
Registered
967 Posts
i just press it forward twice and it goes

i have a skyiline with body kits, stage 2 motors. ball bearings, AWD, suspension, tires...etc

and a 98 supra with just as much

i need to get an old mustang and camaro those would be fun to mod and i like muscel better

www.microrccenter.com has a great forum with alot of helpfull people for xmods and some really cool examples of what you can do with these cars

http://www.customxmodsparts.com/mainmenu.html imo best site out there for parts

·
6,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
maybe my controller's batt. is dyin, cuz i have to fk with the trigger a bunch to get it movin.

I just got this http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5946557032&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT it's a heckuva upgrade and i don't need to change the fets or anything. i dont want to put TOO much money into the thing, id rather spend it on my real car :p

have you done the steering mod yet? I just did it and WOW it makes a HUGE difference. I'm also trying to add a 5th cell but i dont think theres room in the mustang for it

·
Registered
967 Posts
yea thats a decent motor from what ive heard about it

my neighbor had a skyline and i helped him install 8 cells. It was pretty fast until he drove it of his deck. It literally broke in half.

·
6,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I did the turn mod and now it turns TOO far, the front right cv joint chatters if i turn it all the way. I've read something about modifying them so it won't do it, but it was just a little post on some msgboard.

and I FINALLY got the 5th cell inm i ended up soldering the wires directly to the batt. cuz the holder wouldn't fit in the body.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts