Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been reading this board for about a month and a half now and really like the sound of scenario games. I spoke to some mates and they're as enthusiastic as i am. I had a look on the net for scenarios games in england and came up with squat. :(
Does anyone here know of any scenario games in england?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Well, because england has a huge abundance of small forrets and protected woodlands. Farmers arn't able to use them so they're worth nothing, making it very easy to set up woodsball. Because of this the majority of fields are woodsball oriented with perhaps one small speedball arena. The site i use has 7 woodsball and 1 speedball field which, suits me fine as i don't have enough green stuff to play lots of speedball.

Paintball in England is yet to shed the military image of the 80's and early 90's which is probably the biggest problem. We also have to import most equipment from the states which is a further barrier to the spread of the game.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
yea scenarios and big events can attract celebirties, like we got shattner over here. so maybe if you could get a popular field to sponsor an Scenario and host it, agree to write your own scenario advertise it, spread the word of big games in the US and how it would be great to get Big games and scenarios in the UK. Just try to attract players and go with the field you play at and talk to an owner show them how the format is done, and also get industry sponsors, If there is any UK companies taht might be interested try to call them or invite them to your event, Also make a scenario that is open to public nothing conterviasial(sp?) something like Aliens invasion or something but add a fun cartoony twist to it, nothing that would offend someone like Iraq war or Vietnam (in a america they work but i don't know the acceptance of what you guys might like so it might be better to stay away from real life events exspecially if you are trying to be non military looking) but really first i would write and create scenario make one that is designed for a hundred or more players and have fun with it. Present the idea to a Field owner and hopefully from there he'll allow it and then go And tell everyone you know put posters up and get on the internet and tell everybody. Have fun and good luck.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cheers for all the suport. perhaps i shoudl get in touch with some of the american guys who run it in the states. they'd have more ummm......persuasive muscle than me being the 16 year old that i am. but cheers for the support!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i come from winchester in hampshire

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
cool ,maybe we can work together in getting scenario's started in england

·
Registered