Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Your Worst Nightmare
5,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Special Roles of a Scenario Game

1. General – He is complete control. He tells you to jump, you ask “how high?” Typically the General doesn’t carry a marker, and is extremely open to taking shots. Don’t let your General die!!! You lose a lot of points if this occurs. Also do not take it wrong way if the General doesn’t trust you or you have a run in with his bodyguards. It is not acceptable for him to die, so he will not take the chance and get buddy buddy with everyone that wants to talk to him. Leave him be, follow his orders, and defend the base to the death and you’ll be cool.

2. XO – This is the General’s right hand man. Treat him like you would the General. This person normally carries a marker, and will sometimes lead missions as well. If the General dies, he is in command till the General re-inserts. XO’s are great guys and some of them will take the time to talk to other players and get to know them. If he dies, you will lose points, so you still have to protect him!!

Roles the average Joe can play

1. Engineers – They can repair structures, and “build” things. These guys are crucial to some missions and are always good to have around. Depending on the scenario, you may end up being an engineer.

2. Medic – These guys are the most important people on the battlefield. If you’re shot anywhere but the head, these guys can heal you and get you back in the game! Always defend your medics, and make sure they stay alive. If you find yourself with the status of a Medic as your rank, keep a few things in mind.
- You’re not allowed to be afraid!! A medic with fear is about as useful as a roll of wet toilet paper.
- If someone screams for a medic, you drop what you’re doing and run over to that person and heal him or her.

3. Demolition – This is a great specialty to have! Your mission, blow crap up! w00t! Demo guys are needed on every mission, since they can use specialty weapons like:
- Air strikes
- Claymores
- Bazookas
- Artillery
- Pipe bombs
- Anything that kills large amounts of people!

4. Spies – The scourge of the scenario world. You are both loved and hated at the same time. When you’re a spy you’re given two ID cards. One for your team, saying you’re a spy, and the other is for the other team, allowing you to get past ID checkpoints. Spies are best used against the General or XO. Also they can be used against pockets of infantry. Typically walking slowly to get to the rear of the group then opening fire on everyone. Love ‘em or hate ‘em, spies are part of the game.

- Brian

·
PB REF
1,078 Posts
you forgot one improtant one
INTELLIGENCE OFFICER: Assigned by the General to gather information on enemy and to assist in finding props and other pertinent data. Many games require teams to have this card, so that only the person that has the card can bring the props in for points. But make sure that you give this to someone you trust, because props can be worth alot!

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
special characters- some times in a scenario they will have special characters that basically people will fill in and play different roles in the scenario, usually to build a story line.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
not really set up roles by the field or event organizers, but you can get a guy on your team or squad to be a ammo carrier with a back pack i guess. Though i recommend having packs instead of a guy trying to supply to everybody. and there isn't really a communications officer, the best communication is radios everyone just brings as many as they can and uses em on their team.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
yea why would ya do that, but seriously fire teams are sweet. i just love the guys that go to hot spots and shoot everybody, including teams mates sometimes hehe. like they say "kill em all let God sort em out"

D

·
0 Posts
haha, going rouge at a scenario.. thatd be awesome!

our general was awesome.. he was a spas. Brians right, dont bother trying to talk to em.

·
Almost leet
1,999 Posts
our XO was quite pimp instead of hangin w/ the general all day he came always went out w/ missions w/ us i was an engineer boring really only gotta do a couple things built a road bloack for a tank and well they just went around it and then unloaded on my i shot the tail pipe and one of the refs made me stop.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Some places also have pilots. They use a length of rope and each crew member/passenger must hang on to it until the pilot says that he has landed. If anyone lets go before landing they are considered dead. Depending on the rules they may or may not fire at enemies they pass and vice-versa. Some games allow attack choppers to go out to attack other choppers. This all takes a bit of imagination but it makes it easier to insert players into hot zones to keep the excitement up. Generally the pilot has to be back within 30 mins or they crash killing everyone onboard and lose the ability to use helis for several hours.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Javaman said:
Some places also have pilots. They use a length of rope and each crew member/passenger must hang on to it until the pilot says that he has landed. If anyone lets go before landing they are considered dead. Depending on the rules they may or may not fire at enemies they pass and vice-versa. Some games allow attack choppers to go out to attack other choppers. This all takes a bit of imagination but it makes it easier to insert players into hot zones to keep the excitement up. Generally the pilot has to be back within 30 mins or they crash killing everyone onboard and lose the ability to use helis for several hours.
LOL rollin:

·
Registered
4 Posts
what do soldiers do....lol i know that sounds like a dumb question but im not sure what type of stuff they carry and so on.

·
Your Worst Nightmare
5,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Soldiers fight, simple as that. Most places, if they give you a rank, you're a private or a NCO. It holds no real meaning, unless you're 12 years old and think people will listen to you cause of the rank on your card.

Works the same in real life. You can have the rank, but if you do not deserve that rank or make something of yourself, then it's meaningless, no one will listen to you.

Do yourself a favor though, do not try to lead a group if you're not a great natural leader to begin with. You do not want to get all your guys killed, and you'll have a much better time if someone else that is a good leader leads you into battle. One of my good players took the chance, and decided to lead at one of our games. He's a great guy, but he lead us into an ambush and he froze up under the pressure. Do your part, and you'll get the glory that you want. :)

- Brian

·
PBF's oldest newb
1,618 Posts
^^^wasnt some super young kid given a very high rank 2 or three years ago at skirmish d-day? last year was my first year, but i remember hearing about it.

yeah, some people have the leadership thing in them, some don't. its just luck of the draw in the gene pool.

·
The Assault Sharpshooter
442 Posts
umm down pilot is a good scenario character. Some guy who cant leave a small area until good guys come get him. Has 15 shots usually in a paintball pistol. enemy can shoot him but only once in a non lethal area, to get him or her to drop their weapon. if enemy grabs them, good guys must rescue them. (note: only applies if you play killshots.)

·
Registered
23 Posts
This sounds awesome, I didn't know they had rules like that, my local field will be having one in Oct I'll definitely have to go thumup: Are their any examples of these scenarios (web sites), my local field doesn't have much info on them, oh and how exactly does a engineer work in paintball?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts