it looks like zelda link to the past.... so its cool

is it going to be on the internet?

and is the Battle turn based or not i think turn based ones suck

·
Registered
214 Posts
"whats the pay?"
"but you do, i know who those thugs work for."

thats got to be the weirdest conversation ever.... you might want to work on the dialogue.

·
The green pussy
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They are not part of the same conversation. I didn't want to give any spoilers to any part of the game so I made it like that. These screen shots are just for viewing the sprites/graphics. The RPG is turn based (like final fantasy 3) I am going to try and host the game on a web site, you will need to download a program to run it and then the game (around 20-30 MB total) It is free so it wont cost you anything to play it.

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
well ****.. i hate turn based... thats why i hate final fantasy

as i said it looks like zelda a link to the past for snes

·
The green pussy
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah, the graphics are like SNES (really good SNES) a lot of the characters (sprites) are custom made, such as Zedaine, and Ronin. There will be Zelda like puzzles, maybe you'll like it, but maybe you wont because it is turn based. But it is free and worth a try.

I'll answer any other questions, but ones not about the story line (I wont give any spoilers.)

·
The green pussy
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I use 2000. Can't find any versions of 2003 that work good for me, plus 2000 is great.

No I cannot make money off of this, I doubt anyone would really buy it anyways, it would be cool if I could, but I am just making this for my spare time, sometimes it gets hard and I lose motive, but if I have a lot of people expecting its completetion and are willing and excited to play it, that is all I care about.

·
The green pussy
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
RPG Maker 2000 is used to make this RPG, its a bit confusing to learn how it works, but once you do you can make some pretty good RPG's. It's pretty hard to find (search on google if you want to attempt finding it, you will need the program file and the RTP file) but you need the program to play the RPG's also so when the game is complete I will also have a download for the program so you can make your own games if you would like. Just don't ask me how to do things... that is what the help thing is for.

·
Rubbish!
797 Posts
Zedaine said:
I am going to try and host the game on a web site
Nice work man. Looks like the old classics. Final Fantasy 6 (3 US) is one of the best rpg's of all time.

When you're finished, talk to me about hosting it. I might be interested in helping spread it around, at no cost to you, of course.

·
NORTHCOAST HARDCORE
6,318 Posts
nice man. make it free, get ur name out. that way companies can see ur work and possibly give u a job, or get u into a nice school to expand ur skillz. nice work from what i can see

1 - 20 of 71 Posts