Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys i want to buy scuba tank 200 bar and i have cronus tactical with 200 bar size 0.8l . How many times with scuba tank of 12l can i refill the bottle. Im planning for my rent . And i will buy Coltsr MCH 6 compressor is that good option to refill

· Administrator
15,010 Posts
Hello guys i want to buy scuba tank 200 bar and i have cronus tactical with 200 bar size 0.8l . How many times with scuba tank of 12l can i refill the bottle. Im planning for my rent . And i will buy Coltsr MCH 6 compressor is that good option to refill
Well let's see, that's a 48/3000 psi tank, it's pretty small. I'm assuming your scuba tank is around 80cu ft. Ballpark 20 good fills. After that you are most likely going to be filling under 2000 psi so the file get less useful

I don't have any experience with the coltsr but one thing I did notice is it can fill to 4500 psi but everything else you have mentioned maxes out at 3000psi

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

· Administrator
15,010 Posts
So that plan you have there is doable but I do see a few problems.

With only 2 scubas when all the players come off the field and need a fill by the time you get to the last player they are not going to be getting a full fill.

This also means you are going to be turning that compressor on and off a lot.

The better, but more expensive solution would be to run 4500psi bulk tanks and a regulated fill system. This way you could fill the bulk tanks up to 4500psi since that's what the compressor can do and run that through a regulator to get full 3000psi fills into the rental tanks. Once the bulk tanks get under 3000psi you can kick the compressor on again to get them back to 4500psi

This way you also would not need to disconnect the tanks from the fill system either. The compressor fills into the bulk tanks and the fill whips pull straight from the same tanks. Using scuba fill stations it's possible to fill the scubas straight through the fill station but not at the same time as you are filling the rental tanks so you will need to disconnect stuff and connect to the compressor

· Administrator
15,010 Posts
Has to be HPA.

Co2 and HPA work on very different pressures. The most that co2 tank will ever see is around 1500psi and typically it's around 900psi under normal conditions.

If you tried to fill that co2 tank with your compressor it would likely become a bomb and destroy whatever building it is in

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok , but what do you suggest. Where can i find cheap scuba bottle or somehing. I saw people found on ebay for 50$ but i didnt find. Can you give me link with the cheapest solution for scuba tank

· Administrator
15,010 Posts
There isn't one really. High pressure systems are expensive. The forces involved are pretty high so you shouldn't be trying to jury rig something.
On the used market a decent scuba tank is going to cost you around 150. Larger and higher pressure tanks are much more expensive

If budget is a concern I would say stick with your original plan. It will work. Down the road you can upgrade the system with large storage tanks and a proper fill station setup with a regulator.

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok so that is the best way for budget. I will buy 15 marker plus extra 10 or 15 0.8l 200bar bottles. And with coltair compressor i can refill scuba tank in 20 minutes and thats it. I hope i can get at least 4-5 refills with 1 scuba tank.

· Administrator
15,010 Posts
Why the extra tanks? In order to change out you are going to have to dump all the air in the markers out. It would waste a lot of air in the process and is also hard on the ASA threads

And honestly, if you are running games back to back you are going to be pushing that compressor pretty hard. You may want to familiarize yourself with it's maintenance and rebuild needs.

· Administrator
15,010 Posts
That's possible but there's some down sides,

1) taking the tanks off the marker wastes all the air that's currently in the marker

2) since the tippmanns do not have on/off ASAs on them its pretty hard on the ASA threads. Yes this is also the case for normal operation but in your case you will be doing it a LOT more than they were designed for. The chances of damaging the threads in the ASA or on the tank are much higher. If you have your players putting the tanks on you are also risking them cross threading the ASAs

3) as a group, your idea MIGHT be faster, I kind of doubt it. Individually it's faster to hook the tank up to the fill station

Here's my suggestion.

Only get 1 or 2 spare paintball tanks. These are just backups

Put the extra money towards a 3rd scuba tank and a fill station for each so you can run a cascade fill system. Here's how that works

You have scuba tanks A,B and C, all starting at 3000psi

Player 1 comes off the field and needs a fill, hook his tank to scuba A, fill. He is done

Player 2 hooks to A fills, probably done
Skipping ahead
Player 5 comes off the field, by now scuba A is starting to come down in pressure so he only gets a 2300psi fill. Fill what you can from scuba A and then hook him up to scuba B to top off the tank.
Player 6, same thing, fill the bulk from scuba A and then top off with scuba B.

The way this works you are only using a small amount of air from the highest psi tank so it can stay fuller longer, you might have to crack open scuba C for the last few but I'd bet you won't need to

So, everyone full, they go out to play, you then hook up scuba A to the compressor while they play. Scuba A fills and now becomes scuba C

What was B is now A, and C is B

You are only having to fill 1 tank at a time

This way I doubt you would even need to run the compressor between each game. It would save a decent amount of wear on the compressor

· Administrator
15,010 Posts
They are all pretty much the same, here's one for example, and you can get 3 for around $50

· Administrator
15,010 Posts
You got me there. I'm no compressor expert. Where are you located? If you are in the USA I would say take to Bauer. They are a really good company but it kind of depends on your exact circumstances for which compressor to select

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Since i dont have power there on the field. I would take Coltair gasoline.

Im guessing i can refill a half scuba tank i mean when the bar drops down i connect only to get 300bar back and i refill again. I thought so. What do you think. I refill from scuba tank 3-4 times. Than connect to compressor and get this 3-4 refill again.

· Administrator
15,010 Posts
Maybe, the problem I'm seeing is the fill rate. It will take almost half an hour to fill a scuba from empty. Granted you often won't be going from empty but even if it only takes 20min you will most likely be cycling through games faster than that

1 - 20 of 21 Posts