Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last weekend my friend made a little bomb thingy out of a pop bottle, tin foil, and toilet bowl cleaner. When it went off this fish and game cop guy came over and got him in trouble for it. Now he's being charged with a second degree felony and he has to go to court. uh...okay. He wasn't blowing up or damaging anyone or thier property. Not even wildlife crap. He set it off in the middle of a road at least 50 feet away from anyone or anything breakable. It's so stupid! I'm really pissed. How many people haven't made little bombs out of that or dry ice or something? Now they're going to maybe ruin his crystal clear record for some stupid little thing.
Hmmm....I feel like shooting someone. I guess I'll go paintballin...

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Chambo7005 said:
How many people haven't made little bombs out of that or dry ice or something? Now they're going to maybe ruin his crystal clear record for some stupid little thing....
Talk to the DA when he goes to court.

If his record really is clean that the DA will be more then glad to work something out. They threaten "2nd degree felony" as a scare tactic, but people RARELY ever get that. Usually, its because they are sticking tin-foil bombs in mail-boxes.

Ask the DA to explain specifically the definition of an actual bomb, since MANY things can explode that are NOT bombs. It did not have any explosives or propellant. No shrapnel, and nothing was damaged.

It was NO different then a typical fire-cracker. Which.. .may not be legal in your state, but he could argue with the DA to except whatever crime owning a firecracker is. (probobly civil, or low misdameanor).

Nick

·
Wheeeeee!
1,366 Posts
Depending on how old he is, it might be wiped from his record once he's 18. If he's already 18, or if he's tried as an adult, maybe not then.

He might lose his security clearance, though. Which could limit future job oppertunities.

·
I Vore You
13,323 Posts
m not real sure on what to do because I've only had mistameanors. I never really got into much crap with those. Just had to go to court and some probation.

*EDIT* I have had 1 class 2 felony for assualt. Again, more probation.

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
ooo hydrogen bombs, gotta love em until they get you into trouble...he may get out of it if he gets a really good lawyer and is under 18. my firend was under 18 when he flipped his jeep, and since the jeep was under his mom's name, it was technically grand theft auto. but he got out of it after the cop screwed up and went past the law to punish him. i dunno if that helps, but his punishment will be a hell of a lot less if he's under 18, it'll probably only be a fine.

·
PBF's oldest newb
1,618 Posts
Are fireworks illegal in Utah? I know they are here in NY state, but if they aren't than it shouldn't be a big deal. Not that i know what im talking about.

·
Registered
191 Posts
its probably because it was a public road and thats illegal set it off in private

1 - 20 of 37 Posts