Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like my ion but im gettin sick of using nitro. I have anti-siphon c02 tanks which the ion also hates but since im not much of an airball/tourny player, should i sell my upped ion and get a custom pro-e with upps. I would have enough money from the ion to get a wicked bolt, barrel, trigger, other stuff. I would sell my nitro tank with the ion too b/c thats the main problem is drving 20 min away to full up the nitro. I have a 50 gall. c02 tank in my basement and i think thats a waste if i use c02. I play alot while its fairly muddy and im too scared too play with the ion b/c i know its not the rugged woodsball type. Does the custom pro-e work well with c02(anti-siphon)? What should i do???????

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
y are u sick of using nitro ??!?!?!? :sly: its way better than CO2

EDIT : u can use an ion in the woods....whats rugged woodsball type gun mean ne way, is it worse than diving gun first over airball snakes and sliding into bunkers ????

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i know its better but i usually play with my i have been playin with my 98c lately b/c i cant get nitro. I mean i can but its hard to get a ride the the closest pb store 20 min away. Its not that i dont like nitro, its that its hard to get.

·
oh snap
4,241 Posts
20 minutes away is nothing. I have to go at least half an hour a way to get nitro, but it's worth it.

If you are going to sell your nitro duck...i might be interested. I don't have any cash on me, but I have plenty of stuff I could trade you.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i fill my own c02 tanks in my basement, i would rather play with a gun that used c02 becuase i get it free, i dont hardly use the ion because of where i play and how far away it is to get nitro.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
PaintBalla 98 C said:
I don't think you should downgrade to a tippy. Like fenix_freak said..20 minutes away is nothing. Plus air>co2. I only use co2 because it works decently in tippy's otherwise I'd have an hp tank no doubt.
he already has a tippy........i think he does bc in his earlier post it said " when im shooting my tippmann"

EDIT :
mtc7390 said:
i know its better but i usually play with my i have been playin with my 98c lately b/c i cant get nitro. I mean i can but its hard to get a ride the the closest pb store 20 min away. Its not that i dont like nitro, its that its hard to get.
see

·
Registered
408 Posts
No way keep the ion 98's suck with electros in the them and if you where going to go into speedball you would be screwed because for one the egrip is not tourny legal and two if it has a tourny lock you cant walk tippys.

·
Registered
271 Posts
My bad *shocker* I didn't see that. Because you already have a 98 why don't you just use that for woodsball and keep your ion just incase your 98 messes up. But if you want it to be faster, just add an r/t or an ebolt if you're willing to spend 200 bucks.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If I was to spend 200 i would rather just buy a pro-e than an e-bolt but i havent used the ion much and idk if i ever will. I dont ever play in tourneys. I play in alot of woods, I like how rugged tippmanns are but im afraid of gettin the ion wet or muddy or w/e becuase i put so much money into it already. Would a pro-e be walkable? Isnt that what tippmanns psp and nppl teams use?

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
idonttkknow said:
buy a used 98c to use for backup. If your tanks are anti-siphoned their is a good chance that they will solely send liquid co2 into your gun.
did u fail english?

"they will solely send liquid co2 into your gun."

the point of anti siphon is to NOT get the liquid into your gun...

·
Registered
408 Posts
mtc7390 said:
If I was to spend 200 i would rather just buy a pro-e than an e-bolt but i havent used the ion much and idk if i ever will. I dont ever play in tourneys. I play in alot of woods, I like how rugged tippmanns are but im afraid of gettin the ion wet or muddy or w/e becuase i put so much money into it already. Would a pro-e be walkable? Isnt that what tippmanns psp and nppl teams use?
well the stock ones arent walkable, and i dont think Tippmann Effects guns are walkable

·
Registered
4,186 Posts
um yeah they are
go watch a vid of them then come post when you know wat your talking about

and to, Tippmann Effect used to used 98s with a moded trix board, they just switched over e-griped a-5s

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i thought someone said the e-grips were illegal in tournies. Would a stock custom pro-e be tourny legal?

·
Registered
437 Posts
stock pro e boards are tourney legal. my pro e works about the same with c02 and nitro. you definately can walk a pro e and they are actually pretty fast. i've used it once in the woods and loved it. mtc maybe we can work out a trade. your ion for my upped pro e i can add.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts