Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well folks, as soon as my dad buys a new car I'm going to sell my Jeep. I want to get rid of it before winter because there is high demand for an SUV for winter.

I'm going to ask $2900 on it. Hell I paid $100 for it and put in about $400 in it. Still needs a new windsheild which I will get put in before I sell it.

I'm trying to decide what I want. The reason I'm getting rid of the Jeep is because of the Gas Mileage, and the fact that I don't like the feeling of driving a tank on city roads.

I've been looking at Honda CRX with a Vtech. Saw one going for $2000 locally and I e-mailed the guy.

Any suggestions? My budget is 3 grand and I'm looking for something thats good on gas. I'm not looking for anything super fast, but something fun to drive would be great.

I've also looked at some Mustang Coupes. About 2G local and they look pretty sharp.

·
V8 Interceptor
2,125 Posts
I have a Vtech. VERY Reliable. And when I say reliable, I mean this car has been running flawlessly since '98. To see it, you'd swear on your life it's an 03 or newer.
Quite a quick engine, as well for stock. Absolutely disgusting options with that car :). I popped the hood and openly weeped at the space in the engine compartment, and the ease of which you could just toss a few grand into your car.

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
DaBluedevil said:
Mustang as long as you don't get bad snow there. If you get snow there at all, you will die in the mustang. end of story.
Especially a 4banger mustang.

Snow is... well it's weird. Some years it hits us bad, others it's barely any at all. If my sister can get around in an eclipse with baldass tires I'm sure I'd be fine in a stang.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Yeah, but bad conditions are bad conditions regardless...but yeah, I catch your drift there dabluedevil, Mustangs are sooo bad in the snow, cuz well...there rear wheel drive, and by the way, Eclipses, depending on which one, are front wheel drive, unless its the GSX, which is AWD, and front wheel drive rapes the face off rear wheel in the snow. Front wheel, all the weight is on the front tires, engine, front end, etc. which gives the car alot of traction, and makes the car easier in the snow. Rear wheel, theres no weight back there, so the back end flys around, which makes it really hard to drive rear wheel in the snow....AWD or 4WD are probably the best in the snow...but hey, if it dosent snow a whole lot, even if you get less than a foot a year, go with the stang, but if it snows alot, go with something a little better.

Stangs are sick, but hands down, one of the worst snow vehicles, even with aggresive tires....

·
V8 Interceptor
2,125 Posts
1337PAINTBALLER said:
Especially a 4banger mustang.

Snow is... well it's weird. Some years it hits us bad, others it's barely any at all. If my sister can get around in an eclipse with baldass tires I'm sure I'd be fine in a stang.
There's one thing you're forgetting...
Rear/Front Wheel drive ;).

I've driven a rear wheel car in the winter.. The bottom will slide faster than you can belive, and in conditions you would be apalled at for getting in an accident.

·
Registered
6,997 Posts
I cannot tell you how many people drive stangs in our area Nick. Don't buy one, you'll look like a tool. Remember, this IS Johnson County, and our county is gay and all about appearance. Lately all the kids driving Stangs have been labelled tools because everyone and their mother drives one out here. Go for something people don't see often out here ;)

·
We The People
5,925 Posts
Lowtryx said:
I've driven a rear wheel car in the winter.. The bottom will slide faster than you can belive, and in conditions you would be apalled at for getting in an accident.
We were getting new windows installed in the middle of winter, and I had to move my (RWD) 300ZX. Yeah....not fun. We had to shovel SO MUCH SNOW just to get the thing to move out of the driveway and onto the side of the road.

There was maybe an inch, maybe 2, of snow. That's it. It sucked.

-Jin

·
Registered
222 Posts
Do they even make a 4banger mustang? I thought they were 6 and up. But anyways any rear wheel drive car will blow in the winter. hell, my bimmer barely drives in rain. its because the car is being pushed instead of pulled, so when you corner then gas, the back end of the car isnt fully out of the turn yet, and youll get thrown into a crazy spin wheres as front wheel drive car will drag the rear end through the turn with minimal tirespin.

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
rear wheel drive isnt that bad in the snow.. i drive a jeep 4x4 and i used 4 wheel drive twice last winter (yes it did snow a lot) both times i was dicking around and purposely got myself stuck... it takes a little getting used to but it really isnt that hard at all as long as you have any kind of throttle control at all.. the biggest thing to remember once you get going is dont punch the gas at all while cornering, and dont punch it up hills and for the most part you'll be fine... also having a stick shift RWD vehicle is a lot easier because you can slow down with your gears instead of all brakes with an automatic....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts