Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Administrator
23,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yep. Comes with a smaller gauge and fill nipple as well. They're also 180 degrees from each other, instead of being 90 degrees from each other. no more being stabbed by the fill nipple while you're shooting!

·
Administrator
14,020 Posts
sweet

on a side note, martix you may want to review facebook rules, i run my works fb page with another worker here and if i remember right it is against their rules to give away prizes based on the required liking of a page to be entered

i could be wrong but i seem to recall something like that

·
Administrator
23,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Paintball teams do it all the time. We've talked with ninja about it as well. I see what you're saying though; most of them give things away at a certain amount of likes, and then give it to whoever posted in that specific thread.

·
Administrator
14,020 Posts
Paintball teams do it all the time.
people also kill other people all the time, doesnt make it legal

just saying, you may want to check, just because people have gotten away with it doesnt mean they or you are not at risk of getting your page deleted

·
Administrator
23,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Rule iii. You must not condition registration or entry upon the user taking any action using any Facebook features or functionality other than liking a Page, checking in to a Place, or connecting to your app. For example, you must not condition registration or entry upon the user liking a Wall post, or commenting or uploading a photo on a Wall.
well there's that.
Rule iv. You must not use Facebook features or functionality as a promotion’s registration or entry mechanism. For example, the act of liking a Page or checking in to a Place cannot automatically register or enter a promotion participant.
but then this seems to contradict it..

D

·
0 Posts
From what I gathered in plain English:

1) You can't require someone to do something on Facebook to qualify for a contest.

2) Liking or Adding a page cannot automatically enter a user into a contest.

so - you can't use a function of the page as an entry mechanism AND... you can't include people who have already used said function of the first rule...in the contest. Sorta a "we know you're probably not going to break rule 1, but if you do.. rule number two protects those who didn't want to participate in the festivities of rule #1." situation.

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
how does the second one contradict it? its saying the same thing

The first one says ....
You must not condition registration or entry upon the user taking any action using any Facebook features or functionality other than liking a Page, checking in to a Place, or connecting to your app
other than can be replaced with " with the exception of". So they are saying there you can use it to enter a contest.

I think you will be fine as long as you just use the like feature. Hundreds/thousands of people do this everyday.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts