Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Smart Parts Shocker that I bought used, and frankly, the drop-down air system kinda pisses me off. Is it possible to just remove that system so the tank screws straight up into the marker? Where could I buy the parts needed to do that?
Attached should be a picture I found on the internet of a set-up very similar to mine. I have circled in blue the part that I am refering to as a "drop-down" air setup, because I honestly have no idea what it's actually called. So how that involves my question is, can I just take all of that off and screw the tank into the black piece above where the air system "drops-down" (thus the reason I call it that)?

Attachments

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
I have a Smart Parts Shocker that I bought used, and frankly, the drop-down air system kinda pisses me off. Is it possible to just remove that system so the tank screws straight up into the marker? Where could I buy the parts needed to do that?
Attached should be a picture I found on the internet of a set-up very similar to mine. I have circled in blue the part that I am refering to as a "drop-down" air setup, because I honestly have no idea what it's actually called. So how that involves my question is, can I just take all of that off and screw the tank into the black piece above where the air system "drops-down" (thus the reason I call it that)?
NO, you cannot just screw you tank into the marker directly. As mentioned you need that part there, the regulator changes the air pressure to a lower pressure that your shocker can use.

·
Banned
14,001 Posts
i believe its referred to as "direct input" not too common anymore, while you can not do this with the shocker the next best alternative is to run a small drop forward and turn the ASA around so your tank is facing the other way, thats called "Hawaiian" or "island style"

but what is it that bugs you about the way it is now?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts