Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have an 05 SFT shocker with stock bolt assembly. I want to buy a new bolt assembly in separate parts, possibly mixing new designz components with smart parts HE components, will this work?

·
Paintball?
7,646 Posts
Personally, I'd just get the HE bolt, but I guess it could be possible to mix and match.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
While on the topic of shocker bolts....I've read some info saying, the differences between 03-06 SFT shockers are small. My question: Can I throw a 03 shocker bolt in my 05?

·
Paintball?
7,646 Posts
I wouldn't try, the chances of screwing something up is too much of a risk.

If someone else that knows more about shockers says yes though, than go for it, but just to be on the safe side, I wouldn't do it.

·
Premium Member
6,192 Posts
Wouldn't make a difference. Same exact guns just made a different year. THe little differences are things like the HPR piston, solenoids, delrin bolt sleeves, boards ect.

·
Registered
5,080 Posts
While on the topic of shocker bolts....I've read some info saying, the differences between 03-06 SFT shockers are small. My question: Can I throw a 03 shocker bolt in my 05?
Yes, you can. Actually I think you could throw it in an NXT if you wanted.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Yet another shocker bolt question:
Does anyone know the difference in performance between:
New Designz - SFT Shocker V3 (Stinger) Bolt Kit
AND
New Designz Stinger NXT/SFT STD Low Pressure HE Bolt
I looked on new designz site, they say the V3 is discontinued. But I found a new one on Ebay. Would it be worth buying over the NXT/SFT Stinger bolt?

****The V3 has a milled firing can, but has circles on both sides for SFT bodys.
The NXT/SFT has a solid firing can.(still considered LP)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts