Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a shocker and after it sits for a few minutes it will only sputter when I pull the trigger and no ball comes out. On the 3rd trigger pull it will finally shoot, and usually chops that ball?

Do I need to upgrade the board?

I must say, chopping a ball to start every game sucks.

·
Paintball?
7,646 Posts
First check a few things

1. If your board has an anti bolt stick (ABS) setting, enable it
2. If not, then check your bolt for excess or no lube (Should be only a thin layer of lube, tou much or non at all is bad)
3. If that doesn't fix it, then look into a new board (7th Element makes fantastic boards for $79.95)

·
KRAKEN! KRAKEN! KRAKEN!!!
1,298 Posts
What's the temperature of your playing area and what lube are you using?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
50 degrees yesterday, North Carolina has pretty good weather.

Smart Parts Sleek lube.

The gun works fine it you shoot it immediately after gassing up, but between games is the problem.

·
KRAKEN! KRAKEN! KRAKEN!!!
1,298 Posts
I don't like using sleek below 60 degrees, it gets kinda thick. Might want to try a thinner lube (I like slick honey) or revise the amount of lube you're using.

BTW, I don't think the shot is a chop. It's probably blasting apart the 3 balls that get pushed into the barrel but not shot.

Stock board? I don't remember if they have ABS or not, check the manual and if it has and ABS setting, increase it.

·
Paintball?
7,646 Posts
Hater Sauce, Slick Honey (apparently, never used it), Lurker (Just use a little), etc.

Those are all good lubes to use for cold weather

Might want to look into the Spring Mod for Shockers too, it will eliminate FSDO

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think I'm going to buy a 7th element board, they have an anti bolt stick setting. I'm with you on the 3 balls inside the barrel. I'll let you guys know.

Thanks!!!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Okay, I bought the 7th element and that eliminated the ball chops, overall the FSDO has gone away but it still happens. I think if I buy the Stinger bolt by New Designz at paintballgear.com I'll be good to go.

Other than that the Shocker shoots incredible.

·
Banned
14,001 Posts
unless you are crazy unlucky like me, the bolt itself is not going to be causing FSDO

....i just won that particular lottery and my bolt decided to warp a bit, still have no idea how it happemed and have never heard of it happening to anyone else but ya.....crazy unlucky i guess

·
Banned
14,001 Posts
o ya go do that, works really well, the only minor down side is you will have to lube it a little more offen but as i found i was cleaning good lube off the bolt and then re-lubing it with regular maintenance than lubing it because it was dry before i had the oil mixed in

works great for cold weather play

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
This is off the subject, but whats going on with Smart Parts?

Are they switching over to the 50 cal? Going out of business?

If not I was thinking about scooping up the new impulse?

·
Premium Member
9,221 Posts
SP is not going .50 cal. GI Milsim, a spin-off, is .50 cal only.

SP is simply leaving the US for all it's production and distribution, and only management will be left in the US. They are also scaling back to basically nothing their sponsorships.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts