Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i was out last weekend playing and ran out of compressed air, so i switched over to my 98 custom and while playing a buddy decided to hook co2 up to the shocker. I come back out, see that my shocker is frosted over and the gauge is hitting 300. Next thing it starts leaking bad. So i looked it up and it says its probably the solenoid. So i replaced it today. No luck. So then i see some o-rings are busted throughout the gun. Replaced them. Still leaking. This thing is only a week old does anyone know what is wrong with it? Im so stressed right now please help

·
Registered
4,186 Posts
Unless the tank was upside down running straight liquid into the asa, I dont see how that can happen (the frosting over). NXTs can and are run off of co2.

But if that did really happen, disassemble/reassemble your reg, it might need a rebuild.

·
3D Airsmith
1,689 Posts
Most like the Co2 killed all the o-rings in the gun as well. There also might be some damaged parts in the gun from being over pressurized from the co2.

The Shocker NXT is not made to be run off CO2 and says to use Compressed Air in the manual.

·
Registered
4,186 Posts
Most like the Co2 killed all the o-rings in the gun as well. There also might be some damaged parts in the gun from being over pressurized from the co2.

The Shocker NXT is not made to be run off CO2 and says to use Compressed Air in the manual.
I have personally seen three run off of CO2. Granted one was with remote set up, but they all worked jut fine none the less. I can guarantee you if you check their site it should say something about them being able to run off either.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you can but they need to be anti siphon or else held vertical. I tore the entire gun apart replaced everything including the solenoid and it was still doing it. I tore it down probably 3 times. Still did it. Just as i was about to throw it at a wall lol, i noticed i forgot a piece of the bolt. I was so embarrassed. I told everyone not to look at me, i kicked myself about 20 times. But it is working now. But it did blow alot of o-rings. thanks for your help, you may begin the jokes haha.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
It's regulated down, but it likes to jump back up to ~800psi which is heavily damaging. I'll put it to you like this, didn't get the gun you wanted - put co2 in it. Rich ****er i know did that with his DMC 3 years back because he wanted a Mantis Ego. As for forgetting the bolt piece, **** happens(It took me a couple minutes to figure out how to put my shocker kit together, got I love matrices)

·
Registered
44 Posts
i dont know wether you took your breech assembly apart, but is the gun leaking bad? if it is maybe you broke your bolt in half.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
You need the upper board and solenoid that comes with that kit? Cuz I need one.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah i am gonna send my other one in to smart parts see if they can do something to it cause it has an unconditional warranty on it for 6 months. So maybe ill get a new one and just have a spare, hopefully never have to use it again, but you never know.

·
Registered
47 Posts

actually you can use either co2 or hpa.. if your gauge is reading 300 + psi your reg took a ****.. its a simple reg design so it should not be a problem to tear it apart and fix it. Make sure in your reg that the piston stop cap did not come out ( little clear plastic piece on the bottom of your reg piston. Also check out ALL the o rings in the gun. But remember DO NOT REMOVE THE TWO SMALL SCREW BELOW YOUR BOLD GUIDE ON THE BACK OF THE GUN!!! They will never never never need to removed for any reason.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts