Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Banned
14,001 Posts
looks cheap, the body and forgrip are all one piece of aluminum

I agree with martix, it sounds like its just draining that tank

why does this have the SP name on it? I thought SP as a company was no more, Im assuming the G brothers are behind this but why not put it under the Gog name?

·
Premium Member
9,221 Posts
Many drivetrains are similar to the Ion. Demon, Geo, Drone all have a drivetrain that's very similar to the Ion. It wasn't a bad concept, just a bad implementation. Very few markers shoot overall better than the Demon IMO.

·
Administrator
23,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It's getting hype only because it's called a shocker. I imagien if this was put out under any other name, people would be picking it apart.

I will say that the ION system was pretty dang reliable. for $800, i'd prefer not to see a fancy ION, though.

·
Banned
14,001 Posts
It's getting hype only because it's called a shocker. I imagien if this was put out under any other name, people would be picking it apart.
O for sure, if say azodin rolled this out it would be laughed at to no end, I was going to say PE but then I remembered they have enough fan boys that they might actually be able to turn a profit on it

I will say that the ION system was pretty dang reliable. for $800, i'd prefer not to see a fancy ION, though.
See and this is the thing that blows my mind, the G brothers have not produced anything new for what? like a decade now and yet they continue to stay relevant even though the educated paintballer is still pissed at them for what they did to the sport. Its all the people who one day are like "Dont buy smart parts!" and then the next the G brothers go, "hey, we made this "new" marker its shinny" and the players change their minds, as if making another marker somehow erases the past and giving the G brothers another chance is now somehow an acceptable risk simply because they made something "new"

O, if anyone was wondering, I dug around a little, this is not under the smart parts name but rather "SP paintball" they lost smart parts but kept the initials it seems

·
Banned
14,001 Posts
but they lost the smart parts name when the company went bankrupt so how does that work?

I understand that the website address is still "smart parts" but this is also a non-us company, did they only loose the smart parts name of the US based portion of the company?

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
i'm unclear on the legal particulars regarding the ownership of the 'smart parts' name post bankruptcy, but it would appear that they do not possess the rights to it, thus "SP" as "shocker paintball."

don't know why $800 would be a startling price tag for an unbalanced spool. Bob's, PE's and a handful of others are quite popular.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts