Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,221 Posts
Sounds weird.

Wouldn't buy one even if I had the money.

Poll: what would you rather have, The SP Shocker or The DP Fusion Elite?
Shocker no doubt. At least G brothers markers have a tendency to function, so therefore better than DP.

·
Banned
14,001 Posts
Sounds weird.

Wouldn't buy one even if I had the money.

Poll: what would you rather have, The SP Shocker or The DP Fusion Elite?
are you talking like the NXT shocker which can no longer be purchased new and therefore no money would be going to the G brothers or this shocker which the money would be?

really neither but the fusion and just turn around and sell it

martix-this is going to take some getting used to, now every time i want to quote someone I end up pushing the edit button, hence why instagraham now has an "edited by trbo" thing at the bottom

·
Unregistered User
561 Posts
are you talking like the NXT shocker which can no longer be purchased new and therefore no money would be going to the G brothers or this shocker which the money would be?

really neither but the fusion and just turn around and sell it
Im talking about the new one.
Good plan though. You'd make like 50 bucks max though even if you resold it.

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
Didn't people claim a while back that the G brothers didn't have anything to do with GoG and DLX anymore?

Now they just so happen to pop up again with "Shocker Paintball" who is directly tied to gog and DLX?

·
Banned
14,001 Posts
Didn't people claim a while back that the G brothers didn't have anything to do with GoG and DLX anymore?

Now they just so happen to pop up again with "Shocker Paintball" who is directly tied to gog and DLX?
I think when they first came out with gog ya because everyone had heard that SP went bankrupt so they assumed the G brothers would not have the money to start up a new company

remember Gog came after the SP collapse, they were really pushing 50 cal under GI milsim and GI sports

·
Premium Member
9,221 Posts
Gog actually started selling slightly BEFORE the announcement of SP bankruptcy. It had already been completed, but hadn't been announced so they brought out GOG. As to GI, yes they got in with them, but GI is in no way owned by the G brothers, it's owned by Rich Italia.

·
Banned
14,001 Posts
but they started gog after pretty much knowing SP was doomed right?

so then what did SP get out of letting GI sell all the SP 50 cal stuff? I just have a hard time believing that GI didnt have any help from SP because they were nowhere and then everywhere overnight, SP may not have owned the company but they had to have a large hand in how they popped up and were selling all the sp 50 cal stuff

·
Premium Member
9,221 Posts
but they started gog after pretty much knowing SP was doomed right?

so then what did SP get out of letting GI sell all the SP 50 cal stuff? I just have a hard time believing that GI didnt have any help from SP because they were nowhere and then everywhere overnight, SP may not have owned the company but they had to have a large hand in how they popped up and were selling all the sp 50 cal stuff
Yes, they formed GOG as soon as the ink was dry on filing for bankruptcy, but they didn't announce it for a bit yet.

As for the 50 cal, the 50 cal itself was co-owned by G's and Richmond, so it was in their best interest for it to succeed and thus they were heavily promoting GI, even though they got no actual financial gain from GI succeeding. Had 50 cal taken over, they'd again be in a spot where every manufacturer had to pay royalties.

I'm not certain, but I think once it became obvious that 50 cal was never going to supplant 68 cal they made it royalty free, which is when it actually started to catch on with Spyder introducting all their 50 cal stuff.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
the widely-held belief at the time was that SP/Gog/GI Milsim/whatever the Gardners were calling themselves that day were offering discounts or exemptions from the e-gun licensing fees to manufacturers that got on board with .50 cal as an initiative to buy into it.

·
Premium Member
9,221 Posts
the widely-held belief at the time was that SP/Gog/GI Milsim/whatever the Gardners were calling themselves that day were offering discounts or exemptions from the e-gun licensing fees to manufacturers that got on board with .50 cal as an initiative to buy into it.
I seem to recall hearing that also.

·
Banned
14,001 Posts
ya I understand that and it makes sense but then why did GI milsim produce, i forget what exactly they called it, but it was the 50 cal vibe? why did SP not produce it instead?

I dont recall SP having any markers under the SP name that were 50 cal (I will fully admit that I am not positive on that however) so here is the part I am confused on, if that is true, and it is also true that SP did not own GI milsim then why did SP crash when the 50-cal lauch failed and yet GI milsim still exists (not really doing anything but they are still there). It would make more sense for GI milsim to go under and par for the course for the G brothers to let them rather than SP tanking and the G brothers loosing the e-marker patent

So if the G brothers did not invest all their money in GI milsim as I had always thought they owned GI then where the hell did it all go?

·
Premium Member
9,221 Posts
I have no proof of this, but my theory: DLX. They formed DLX before the bankruptcy. And so all their money went into that company so that they could show Smart Parts as floundering to declare bankruptcy to get out of paying debtors. Then form GOG to attck the low end, get together with Richmond to try to hold the paintball world hostage with .50 cal. The reason they didn't release it as smart parts is most likely so they could CLAIM that it wasn't their solution, they simply were supporting it. But again, this is all my personal THEORY, I have absolutely no facts to any of this.

·
Banned
14,001 Posts
IDK, I can see what you are getting at but to me, I just dont see DLX sucking all the money from SP, they already had the shocker platform running and while the luxe took some R&D im sure, not as much as it would have needed starting from scratch. But if you are having money problems why start GOG? especially if they are only going to be selling stuff that SP already produces?

Here is what Im thinking, DLX did play a roll in it for sure but SP put up the start up money for GI sports to start producing 50-cal with some kind of an agreement that the money from the markers would come back to SP, in order to make the Europe launch happen they had to produce a ton of markers and probably took out some loans in the process. Europe launch crashes, GI sports is not selling markers and therefore SP is not seeing any money from that, default on loans etc etc

to me it doesnt make sense that GI sports just had all their own start up money to start producing 50-cal overnight, that is a huge investment to get all the tooling, R&D, manufacturing process for multiple markers going so you can start production. If the above is true it makes sense as GI still exists, its not owned by the G brothers therefore it did not tank with them, the sales simply dried up and they made no money therefore could not give any to SP but the money to get it all started was not theirs in the first place so they are basically back to where they started.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Once they knew "Smart Parts" was going to be lost via bankruptcy, yes, they removed as many eggs from that basket as possible and put them into other business entitities.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts