Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i am new to this forum. i havent played in several years and i am starting to get back in pb. i also have several questions.

i bought a stocktech shocker from a friend for realllly cheap. so the gun has been sitting cause he has loads of gun and uses different one every time he plays.

so, i had very little air in my nitro tank. slapped that on, turned the knob and it started to leak air through the trigger frame and out the barrel hole.

i asked him what it was and he said it was probably the firing chamber cause he had put an aftermarket firing chamber as temporary. its 2 piece, top silver and one under it(see below pix) and i guess the original one is a single piece as i looked through other sources. he says the current chamber is made for aftermarket bolts.

i took it to a local store for them to check it out and they said it may be the orings or the noid. so i got back to my friend about that and he says well the gun was working with that aftermarket chamber so that kinda eliminates replacing the chamber. then he says maybe its the solenoid. either ring is bad, not lubed, or put on incorrectly. so i searched on this forum and came across this thread on how to lube the internals

http://www.paintballforum.com/smart-parts/88141-huey69s-how.html

i followed alll the steps for each part of the gun. so i dont think its the chamber only cause i dont see why it would leak air throughout the gun. i came across the last one which was the solenoid. i took it all off and see if anything was not lubed or missing gasket/orings, looked fine. i decided hey, lets run the air to see if its leaking from the solenoid as my friend stated. to my surprise i found that leaking source. theres that 2 verrry little screws (if they are)that is above the noid. one is missing and it was shooting air from there..(see below pix)

my question is, is there a screw that goes there?
should i upgrade the bolt and use that aftermarket chamber? or get a stock one? better yet if it works like that then keep it like that?

·
Registered
47 Posts
that piece that you are showing the hole in is not the solenoid. That is a spacer bracket that attaches to the body. between that piece and the body are a few very tiny o rings... make sure they are still there or it will piss air. all you need to do to get to it is remove the two small sivler screw that hold the upper body board on and the noid will come off...then tho more screws to remove the spacer. Make sure you put the noid and spacer back in correctly or you are not going to be able to fire the gun..or get it put back together for that matter. Hope this helps

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
^^ thanks for the info.

that spacer thing is a "manifold" as i was doing hours of reading. i found this site that helps you in every possible way about the gun i have. it even has a page on a topic "manifold leaks". so i took the gun apart and did everything i could to put the gun back the way its suppose to be, then i eliminated that leak from the left side of the manifold. but now leaks through the right.

so i bought a oring kit from the pb store and installed those, still leaks. so the dude at the pb store says what the hell, lets eliminate some components by switching parts off their display NXT. he took the whole bolt assembly and tried that 1st on my gun. then all of sudden the gun doesnt leak air anymore. now! that leads me to that fact that it has something to do with the bolt assembly. he found out that that my gun has an after market bolt assembly and the "bolt sleeve" is too big to the point where the bolt o-ring doesnt sit snugg with the inside of the sleeve. so now its the sleeve that is giving out this air leak cause the air is passing by the orings.

i will purchase another bolt sleeve and see if that helps my issue.

another issue that i am having now is the smallll white button on the spool valve on the solenoid popped out of place..why is it doing that?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts