Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Holy ****ing Asscrackers!
6,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
K I have an 88 Thunderbird, 5.0 SO, AOD. I have an engine I've built up, as well as a rear end I pulled from a turbo coupe. I was going to put all this into the Tbird when I get a job other than delivering pizzas. But now I'm wondering if I should get a Mustang roller and put the engine in that, maybe steal the tranny from the Tbird and part it out or get a stang without an engine but with a tranny and just sell/trade the Tbird.
Nobody makes anything for the Tbirds. No hoods, wings, body kits, lights, interior parts, ANYTHING. It's kinda frustrating when you're stuck looking like all the other cars out there, your headlights suck ass but you can't put different ones in there, etc. I wanted to work on my Tbird cuz it would be something different, since everybody and their mom has a mustang. but the thing weighs a ton, so it will likely never be fast enough for me :p

I guess I'm kinda torn with either puttin all this stuff in my Tbird and being different, albeit slow(er), or just gettin a stang and enjoying the ability to put different parts on it and also being faster.

WTF should I do? :?

·
6,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Master of Paint said:
har har :p

I can get a roller 89 GT blue+silver, no engine or trans for 700, 600 if he takes out the newer mustang seats

·
6,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can get a tranny no prob. it all depends on if I sell the Tbird as a runner or steal parts from it. I have no idea what I could get for it, I bought it for 1k

·
6,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
BlueMango said:
i'd only buy a mustang if i had a ot of money, because American cars break down a lot, so if you can afford the repairs hell ya!
:sly: american cars don't break down more than any other cars do, especially stangs. I know of people running 100shots of nitrous on their stock, 175k+ mile engines. the only weak part of them is the AOD tranny, which works fine if you don't do anything stupid with it.

and I'm sure working on anything engine related with a 5.0 is 20x easier than say a honda, since there's a whole 2" of room in those tiny engine compartments compared to the 5.0s

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
stick with the tbird 5.0. Mustangs are like the spyders and tippmanns, almost EVERYONE has one, also, the only good mustangs are the older 60's and 70's and the 5.0's, you already have a nice 5.0, why get rid of it?

·
Xplicit Eg06
4,567 Posts
Id say get a 93ish roller, same basic as the 89, but body panels are cleaner and look sharper...

B4 my bro got his cobra, he had a Fox body '93 with a vortech supercharger and a 100 shot, that bioch was FAST! Ran like an 11.9 in the quater I believe...

But, thats just my 2 cents
-RB-

·
Registered
72 Posts
Whether or not you want a stang is just a matter of what you want out of a car. There is no question mustangs have a lot of potential and aftermarket support, this makes them popular and not as unique (not to say you can't build a unique mustang). Then you have your t-bird, not nearly as many of them running around and therefore companies aren't focused on them. But you gotta remember every car has a lot of speed in it, getting the speed out of them is the trick thumup:

·
Registered
25 Posts
dude American cars break down sooooooooooooo much more than *** cars(not korean cars though)

But if you are going to buy a stang i'd go with a fastback 68 2+2

·
teh car guy
1,292 Posts
Well, I can see where you are comming from about parts for T-birds. I got a 95 cougar as the daily driver, and parts are hard to come by. I was gonna do a 351 Swap and a 5-speed conversion, but lot of work and lots o' cash involved, plus I wanted a DSM. I myself would go with the stang, lighter, more parts, etc.

·
6,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
formula4speed said:
But you gotta remember every car has a lot of speed in it, getting the speed out of them is the trick thumup:
you gotta remember, I work for Dominos :rofl and you need money to make a 3800lb car go as fast as a 2800lb car

BlueMango said:
dude American cars break down sooooooooooooo much more than *** cars(not korean cars though)

But if you are going to buy a stang i'd go with a fastback 68 2+2
:rolleyes: tard
and a fox 5.0 likely wouldn't bolt right up no prob with a 68, not to mention if I get one for <1000 it will be total **** and need a loooot more work and $ than I would want to put into it just to be a reliable daily driver

thepunkdrummer said:
Well, I can see where you are comming from about parts for T-birds. I got a 95 cougar as the daily driver, and parts are hard to come by. I was gonna do a 351 Swap and a 5-speed conversion, but lot of work and lots o' cash involved, plus I wanted a DSM. I myself would go with the stang, lighter, more parts, etc.
the 89 Tbirds have a bunch more parts than the 88's :rolleyes: and a 351 swap would be cool and unique, but also a money pit.

i MIGHT get this 89 Gt roller for $700, just depends on if I can convince my gf's parents to loan me the cash, and I pay em back when I sell the Tbird, and if the guy sees my message before another guy who posted :(

·
6,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
god, I could have gotten a really really nice (for the $) 89 GT for 700 but some other ****er got it. I'm so ****in pissed, that car should be mine :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
462 Posts
stang

if i were you id get a 95 mustang cuz they are newer looking but still have the 5.0. thumup:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts