Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so a guy in Texas wants to buy my computer. I live in Canada. He wants to use paypal to send me the money. I never used Paypal and I've never sent anything to anyone especially over boarders. Can I trust pay pal? How do I make sure I don't get screwed over?

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
From my experiences, it is trustworthy. The only problem I have ever had is they froze my account for a few weeks because the person I bought stuff from had a bunch of transactions in a short time. So they thought something was suspicious and froze the deal to protect everybody.

So I had to wait a few weeks to get money for a different deal, but everything was fine a few weeks later.

·
Premium Member
9,221 Posts
I've been using it for like 10 years now with only minor issues such as Toxic had. As long as you comply to their TOS (basically, don't buy anything adult-related with paypal and don't pay/recieve payments as a gift to avoid fees), you won't have any issues.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok. So how does PayPal work? I get the money sent to me and then what? How do I get the money from my Paypal account to my hands?

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
There are different ways to get the money out. I have mine set up to transfer the funds from my paypal account to my bank account(takes 2-3 days). Another way is to get the paypal debit card, and you can use that like a credit/debit card or withdraw money from a ATM.

You may be able to request a check as well, but I am not sure.

To pay people money, you can have it linked to a debit card or bank account, so when you pay for something it automatically takes the funds from your account and pays the person. So if you get money sent to you, once it is in your paypal, it is there. So you do not have to wait for a check or money order to clear, so it is safe.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Alright guys thanks for the help. Feelin better about sending my computer to this dude. Not sending **** till he sends me the money and its in my bank account though. Now I have to take everything and get it weighed by FedEx and tell him they are adding 200$ in shipping charges.

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Fedex is a courier service ship it with Canada Post it's a fraction of the cost and they ship worldwide. Just pay the extra couple of dollars for tracking and signature and you are covered.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts