Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
I hate losing
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello olleh Forum! Its been a while since I've posted here!
Since the new season is going to start (here in Canada :l) I was snooping around on the internets for upgrades for my Proto Rail 2011 and I stumbled across a couple bolt upgrades.

Exhibit A: Billy Wing Upgrade Bolt Kit

Exhibit B: TechT L7 Bolt

My question is: Is it worth it to purchase an upgraded, lighter bolt, that operates on a lower pressure and (apparently) increased accuracy, consistency and air efficiency? Keep in mind that I am also looking to buy a Ninja 68/4500 HPA tank as well.

The obvious difference in the price range, but I'm looking for some insider feedback from people who have purchased bolt upgrades, specifically on Protos.

Currently my setup is:
2011 Proto Rail (Everything in the marker is stock)
Invert loader
48/3000 tank

Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
9,221 Posts
Billy Wing is just a polished version of the stock bolt. While nice, it's not worth ANYTHING near what they ask for it.

The L7 I've heard good and bad things about. I like the stock Rail bolts, so I personally wouldn't spend the money, but when they work, I've heard they are quieter and slightly more efficient.

Might want to consider contacting pooty on the nation and getting your stock bolt polished. That's essentially all the Billy Wing is.

·
Huge Car Guy
199 Posts
I've got the same gun, personally the dye bolt works great for me, but it does use a LOT of air because the dwell is set factory so freakin high. If the problem for you is efficiency, just turn the dwell down, worked pretty well for me.

However I am looking to upgrade to a bolt that's a little lighter/faster. I'm planning on going TechT, Mike from TechPB swears by them and I've never been a huge BL fan.

·
Huge Car Guy
199 Posts
I like the stock Rail bolts, so I personally wouldn't spend the money
Again the stock bolt works great. I wouldn't spend the money upgrading this bolt until you've done just about everything else. Spend the money on a barrel or a nice feedneck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts