Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

Sierra one (salvo)

4K views 20 replies 6 participants last post by  manspaintball 
#1 ·
This is my old Sierra. I've been running it for a while now and I figured i'd post a couple of pictures to see what you guys think.

Hop Ups:

Petrol 16" barrel

Tasco Red Dot 1.0x

TPN E-Trigger

Cyclone Feed

G36C Carry Handle (Tippmann made)

Tactical silo (hopper)

(my apologies for blurry pictures, the camera was low on battery and tends to hiccup)

See less See more
#4 ·
I don't understand the hate of tippmanns, If and when I ever get a jam with this I simply pull the bolt back again and it keeps on trucking. They are damn reliable. I also listed it here due to the hops on it, they put it in this forums price range. I didn't figure It mattered, my bad.

#8 ·
Yea, I agree but this was a couple of years ago that I got this. Before the TM 7 and TM 15. If I had the money I would probably pick up a TM 15. How ever right now I've got to put it towards books and such.

#6 ·
no i just dont see anything on there thats really a performance upgrade, i give all stock markers a 1/10, its not a tippmann thing i just figure if you want to make the marker "yours" then what use is keeping the same as when it came off the production line?

so lets go over the list

Petrol 16" barrel - upgrade

Tasco Red Dot 1.0x - does nothing but add weight

TPN E-Trigger - upgrade

Cyclone Feed - while a better feeder than gravity, i dont consider these an upgrade, they are just not reliable enough or good enough in my book, i dont take away points for them either though

G36C Carry Handle (Tippmann made) - does nothing but add weight

Tactical silo (hopper) - if anything, downgrade, you are limiting your paint while everyone else will have more, i dint count it as a downgrade though

thats what i saw, thats all there is too it

#7 · (Edited)
I agree that the parts do add weight, how ever it really isn't a problem for me. I use it for woods and rec.

Petrol 16" barrel - upgrade

Tasco Red Dot 1.0x - This marker is mainly used as a sniper and looking down a solid sight with any paintball mask on is difficult or impossible.

TPN E-Trigger - upgrade

Cyclone Feed - keeps up with the trigger and has never failed me.

G36C Carry Handle (Tippmann made) - raises scope so that it is able to be sued with a mask on.

Tactical silo (hopper) - Anything larger gets in the way of the sight or scope. Also preserves the milsim look a bit better than the 250 round hopper, which is what I'm after.

#9 ·
I agree that the parts do add weight, how ever it really isn't a problem for me. I use it for woods and rec.
and? just because you are around trees does not mean there is not weight on your marker that is doing nothing, there is no such thing as "woodsball" or "speedball" in reality, its all just paintball and performance is performance, doesnt matter where you are

Tasco Red Dot 1.0x - This marker is mainly used as a sniper and looking down a solid sight with any paintball mask on is difficult or impossible.
there is no such thing as sniping in paintball, facts are givin the same paint and bore, you have the same accuracy and range as anyone else out there, max range is seen as 150ft and thats nothing you need a scope to see not to mention even if you are able to see through the scope paintballs are not very accurate so its not helping you by only showing you where the paint "might" go

G36C Carry Handle (Tippmann made) - raises scope so that it is able to be sued with a mask on.
thats great for the look but functionally both are just added weight, hence the low performance rating

Tactical silo (hopper) - Anything larger gets in the way of the sight or scope. Also preserves the milsim look a bit better than the 250 round hopper, which is what I'm after.
agian, great for the look but bad for performance

#11 ·
the sniping debate can go on and on and on forever. the definition of sniper from wiki: A sniper is a marksman who shoots targets from concealed positions or distances exceeding the capabilities of regular personnel.

so, technically speaking, its physically impossible (first strike aside) to exceed the capabilities of other paintballers. fps is limited, when you shoot the same size "ammunition" at the same speed, there's ZERO difference in range. end of story.

you can be a "sniper" in the less conventional sense where it is slang just to mean you are an excellent marksman. but that doesn't make "sniping" in paintball legit.

#20 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.