Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
mil-simer
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Tippmann Sierra One in Mexico and while I am here in the US I want to buy some upgrades for it, and since I like mil sim the only upgrade I want to make it is the trigger, but I still do not know if I should get the e-grip or the response trigger (or none of them at all).

E-grip: It has four firing modes which I like: Semi-auto, Burst, and two full-auto modes, but the problem is that to switch the modes I have to do something very inconvenient during the game, which is sticking my allen key under the trigger.

Response trigger: I really do not get what this is, according to reviews, it is hell to install but totally worth it, can someone explain me what is this exactly?

I am considering buying neither, It will augment my budget, letting me fully upgrade my X7 to an AK-47 (which I am also thinking twice, there is a guy here who is really making me think about mil sim and upgrades, maybe I should just buy the e.grip, which I really like and stop there, so that I can maybe get an Etek3 instead of the G4 I was going to buy)

·
Banned
14,001 Posts
the smartest thing is nothing, the ET and RT are too expensive for what you get and considering you can pick up a great mid level marker for $200 its not worth $100 on a single upgrade that will not change how the marker shoots.

the RT, basically uses gas to trip the sear, in essence what happens is the trigger instead of being connected to the sear is connected to a valve, when the valve is tripped that sends gas to trip the sear meaning that the trigger pull is lighter and shorter. the downfall is you can not control the rate of fire and iv heard of a few fields that have banned RTs just for that reason. theres no way of making sure it will not fire too fast.

the ET on the other hand uses electricity, the reason you cant change modes in the middle of a game is the same as everyone else, so you cant cheat and change modes in the middle of a game

i say put the money towards a thermal lens mask, HPA tank, nice hopper and if you already have those, then a new marker

·
mil-simer
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, I am not buying the E-grip but I am not buying an Etek3 either, is just that if I buy one I would not be able to buy the tank and hopper, so I'll buy the G4 (I was thinking on the Proto Rail but I was watching a review and is way to complicated to maintain for my liking)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts