Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=562&e=7&u=/ap/video_game_violence

People are idiots. When can people see that what you listen to, see, and play has nothing to do with how you act in everyday life. If a kid is violent, then he's going to play violent games and he MIGHT become more violent. If a normal kid plays a violent game, nothing happens. All bull****....

**Not in Video Game forum because it raises 1st amendment issues as well as issues with movies, literature, etc.**

·
Its never lupus
9,169 Posts
thats true for children. but not teenagers. I've seen plenty of kids trying wwf moves on people 3 times their size because they see it on tv. Monkey see monkey do. Most teenagers are smart enough and mature enough to be completely influenced by games. But its the parents fault for letting them buy the games, and yet they're the ones complaining, pretty stupid if you ask me.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
sNoW PIrAnHa said:
thats true for children. but not teenagers. I've seen plenty of kids trying wwf moves on people 3 times their size because they see it on tv. Monkey see monkey do. Most teenagers are smart enough and mature enough to be completely influenced by games. But its the parents fault for letting them buy the games, and yet they're the ones complaining, pretty stupid if you ask me.
quoted for emphasis

·
Banned
237 Posts
When I see these types of articles, i see GTA in there all the time, but never do i see anything about Manhunt, undoubtedly the most violent, disgusting game ever. Believe me when i say that, because I own it. It physically makes me sick to play it. I want to sell it now. I'm kind of going off subject here, but back on track, I agree with you. I know it doesnt affect me, I've never been in a fight in my life, and my favorite types of games involve military, violence, etc.

D

·
0 Posts
I got into this arguement with my brother...

but i think if teens play these games and listen to music like that, then yeah nothing will happen.. chances are the kid was already messed up and he liked those games because they were violent...

But when kids watch/play violent things it does make an effect. Kids are VERY impressionable at a young age.. children of abusive parents, usually are abusive themselves...

think of it this way, say you get punched in the arm.. it hurts, but then every day after that some one comes up and punches you in the arm, eventually you toughen up and that punch doesnt hurt as much, so they have to do something more painful to hurt you...

like in paintball, it hurt a bit at first, now not at all..

thats whats with those games and games, it becomes a normal thing to them to say.. see some one get punched in the face.. so punching some one in the face doesnt seem like that big of a deal to them anymore.. so when they actaully want to hurt someone themselves, they think of something worse then punching htem in the face, so they stab them.. only because punching some one seemed so every day to them that psychologically it didnt have the effect that kid wanted to inflect on the person...

if some one sees some thing happen enough, they get used to it, it becomes normal. And if there is no control on it, then even more reason for them to think that there is nothing wrong with it... Hell some one could become immune to watching someones face ripped apart if they see it enough..

but at least with teens or older, they have had a chance to develope morals and and idea of what is right and wrong and what is real and fake...

Im against censorship, so i dont think banning things or hiding them from the public is the answer... what they need to do is educate the kids, tell them this is wrong, get them to develope morals early... insted of letting the kid sit there playing the games as a babysitter, sit with them and talk to them about it...

"Do not censor the world, educate the people"

·
Premium Member
16,148 Posts
my little cousin (6 years old) does some crazy stuff after i let him play gta, but for people my age, it has no effect

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What makes me angry is people using it as an excuse for their behavior. It's disgusting...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts