Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
why are tippys the only guns with offset loaders, so there's a clear sightline? (if there are other guns, my bad)

·
Banned
1,346 Posts
cuz speedball markers are made to fire tilted....and straight feeds are faster....

tippys where made for woodball......so they made it wooder freieldy. So no longer do you have to guess where you shoot...you already have some sort of idea.

Mainly made for conveniece

·
Registered
60 Posts
but then why does companies even put a sight rail on their markers if theyre useless?

·
Registered
64 Posts
i always wondered taht on like pmi markers and spyders, i'm guessing that it is just for show

·
Registered
231 Posts
Do any companies put like a rail sight on the sides of their marker? I have short arms (I'm 5'5), and a 20 oz co2 tank, so I'd have to put the tank under my armpit to brace myself to look through the top sight on the tippmann. However, It's pretty easy to look down along the side of the gun, I was just wondering if this has been done, or is possible.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Even if the sight rail is not clear it can be used to mount an offset mount.

Pigstick yes there are some mods that add a sight rail to the side of the marker, usually barrel/shroud. Look at blackpoint engineering.

·
Registered
757 Posts
funny how every thread in the tippmann forum degenerates into a tippy vs. spyder thread

sights you see on rifles are pretty useless in paintball, beavertails are good though

btw i spit when i speak, my braces need to be adjusted

·
Your Worst Nightmare
5,270 Posts
braka said:
funny how every thread in the tippmann forum degenerates into a tippy vs. spyder thread
It was funny for a while, now it no longer is. This is a Tippmann forum. You are to talk about Tippmann's. We're going to stop this on going flame war with Tippmann vs. Spyder right here, right now. Do not post anymore on the matter, or your post will be deleted.

Stay on topic!

Thank you,

- Brian

·
had more guns then girls
107 Posts
well there is a point for the rails to be behind the hopper, if u ever looked at a point sites directions, u would know how some work. but to save u the time, they are ment to be used with both eyes open. let ur non shooting eye look at the point site and the other eye were u want to shoot, now focus on ur target and u will magicly see a dot on them from the site. its like a mind trick. if u get the time try it and see

·
Registered
717 Posts
Haha my post got deleted because you know I was right and it made you look bad. ::wow these forums have gone downhill::

·
Administrator
1,132 Posts
A-5_ORdAn said:
The Evil Omen has a offset loader.
Yes, but the Omen (and Tippmann A-5) also have mechanical loading mechanisms to increase the feed rate to make up for the offset loader.

IMO the 98 Custom is awesome because you can aim down the barrel when playing woods ball. Basically the vertical feed guns are made more for playing speedball where you don't aim down the barrel.

·
Banned
1,346 Posts
IMO the 98 Custom is awesome because you can aim down the barrel when playing woods ball. Basically the vertical feed guns are made more for playing speedball where you don't aim down the barrel.
dude wtf...in speedball u still aim down the barrel...u simply tilt the gun sideways...

Im seroius..ever since this hacking you have been doing wierd things...and you have said some really noobish things about paintball...

oh so the 98 is an offset, so u could put a scope on it?
um i thought u have a 98....

n e wayz...scopes are pointless...and red dot scopes are pointless as well...however....u can use a red dot scope if you have a flatline. Cuz the ball will have a flat trejecotry. howeve rwith a normal barrel the ball will drop...so any type of aiming device is pointless

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Flatliner105 said:
...so any type of aiming device is pointless
I find the stock sights a little helpful in woods ball when you see a player and want to make the first shot count

·
Registered
153 Posts
Flatliner105 said:
dude wtf...in speedball u still aim down the barrel...u simply tilt the gun sideways...

Im seroius..ever since this hacking you have been doing wierd things...and you have said some really noobish things about paintball...

um i thought u have a 98....

n e wayz...scopes are pointless...and red dot scopes are pointless as well...however....u can use a red dot scope if you have a flatline. Cuz the ball will have a flat trejecotry. howeve rwith a normal barrel the ball will drop...so any type of aiming device is pointless
well i dont yet, im gettin it tommorrow!

·
Registered
757 Posts
Gandhi said:
I find the stock sights a little helpful in woods ball when you see a player and want to make the first shot count
ill second that

1 - 20 of 33 Posts