Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am a traditional shooter who is getting into paintball for fun. I am not shooting competition but just getting to know my marker. Unfortunately I like fiddling with stuff to tweak it and have a few questions regarding some basic ideas.

My set up is a Spyder Pilot with a J&J 14" barrel, Dye Stickies grip and eveything else pretty stock (am getting a few upgrades over the next few days). Questions are as follows:

1. I am toying with the idea of lubing the venturi and the striker with either PTFE spray of silicone lube spray. How about lubing the barrel with either of these? Would these products improve performance? Degrade materials/balls? What is an appropriate cleaning schedule (no fouling - so if it ain't broke why fix it)?

2. The instructions that come with the marker are basic to say the least - What does the thumb adjuster do? How can I alter velocity? Why does my marker decide to go into FA mode for about 4-5 balls when it is showing Semi mode and then revert to semi fire?

3. How can I raise/lower the low pressure and what would that do?

Alright I know these are most probably basic questions but I am trying to get a handle on how these things operate and what I can do to get it to work how I want it.

Any comments most welcome.

Thanks,

English Dave

·
Registered
4,186 Posts
1. Don't lube the barrel. Period. Clean it before and after every use.
2.The thumb adjuster is the velocity, in for higher fps, out for less.
3.The striker slips sometimes resulting in the 4-5 shots with one trigger pull, it happens more frequently with an ACS, but I'm assuming you don't have an acs.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nor*Tex,

Thanks for the info. I do have an ACS, is there anything I can do to try to minimise striker slip?

English Dave

1 - 5 of 5 Posts