Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
873 Posts
One of my favorite things to do is to act all interested for 2 or 3 minutes, tell 'em I'm going to grab a pen and paper, then leave the phone off the hook till they hang up. (Usually at least 10 mins) In some call centers it really screws up their quota since they don't want to hang up on such an excited customer.

Also if they ask to speak with the "lady of the house" I tell em to hold on a sec, wait a minute, the pick it up an say with a deep manly "bassy" voice, "This is she" :D

Another thing you could do, although it's rather esoteric, is to pick up the phone and start speaking in clicks and pops, old school Africa style and occasionally throw out the name "Sally Struthers".

·
Banned
187 Posts
my bro was one for about a month and complained about he got paid by call and the worst thing you could do to a telemarketer is to keep them on the phone without buying anything. That is why i just say no thanks an hang up.

·
Premium Member
16,148 Posts
i did this once, it was the ny times calling me and this womans like "hello sir would you be interested in a sunday subscription to the ny times" and i responded, "wow you people are relentless, im currently on the other line with john from ny times"

·
Registered
817 Posts
What I do: "What did you possibly screw up in your life, to end up having this job? How horrible of a life must one lead, to have a career of calling people on the phone? Not even haveing the social skills required to meet someone in person. You should be ashamed of yourself!" -click-

·
<3 I love fat chicks <3
5,188 Posts
i have a darth vador voice translator so i just pick it up with that on it and be like "hello, youve reached the vador resedence, were not in right now so leave your name, status, and how we can kill you. thank you" by then they hang up

·
NORTHCOAST HARDCORE
6,318 Posts
im a telemarketer :(. well, i am for one more day. i get REALLY pissed at people, especially old ones and little kids and yell at them and make them seem stupid. im suprised i wasnt fired. i got yelled at for saying ****ing **** on the phone though

·
Premium Member
1,980 Posts
what i like to do is awnser it and say

"this is the taliban, how may i help you" in a indian voice :-D

·
Registered
898 Posts
Ever seen Seinfeld?

"Oh, I'm sorry, I'm just about to run out the door with some friends. Tell you what, if you leave me your home phone number I'll call you when I get back."
"I'm sorry, sir, I can't do that."
"Oh, you probably don't want people calling you at home do you?!" *click*

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
I was a telemarketer when I was 17. I sucked at it and after a month my boss gave me and my buddy an ultimatum to sell more or get fired, since I wasnt gonna be selling more we just spent the rest of the week making prank phone calls across america and then quit the day before we were gonna get fired. Hey I got a paycheck for 5 more days and had fun doing it. I just wish I could have made international prank phone calls. That would have really pissed off my employer.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
What I do now because of that national "Do not Call list", I ask for their company's name and the telemarketers Full name, and tell them, I am going to collect for this lost time.

They just hang up sometimes, some give me the names.

·
Banned
196 Posts
Ok, heres the best idea, you fill up a paper bag with air, than tie it, then you say, hi, yes, but... "HEY, GET OUT OF HERE, WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE, WHA...OMG HE HAS A FU*KING GUN" then drop the phone, and smash the paper bag so it makes a really loud noise, it's really funny when the telemarkers are like "sir, sir, are you ok, sir" LOL

·
Registered
609 Posts
I have two ones I use.
1st one is off of Becker:
"Hello"
"This is AT&T, would you like to take advantage of our new lower rates?"
"Do I wanna change my phone service?" (blows airhorn into mic) "Thanks for calling".

2nd one:
Rent the Godfather or something, and find a scene where there is a gun fight.
"Hello"
"This is blah blah selling blah blah."
"I might not be... uh-oh...OH NO!!!" (start playing the movie) "AHHHHHH!!"

1 - 20 of 22 Posts