Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any body love the ska...I like it. anyway who have you guys seen or what bands do you like alot.. I think Im going to an international noice conspiracy which last I check is considered awesome. Im a big fan of goldfinger as well.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I like reel big fish. SKa bands pretty much end up having like 10 members and its punk with added instruments..different sound

·
Registered
375 Posts
I like ska.. don't have much of it though. Its a nice twist.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
exactly I like more of the punk side or just pure rock but ska makes for a great time just cause its different. fun to jump around to as well or get matching suits and run around listening to them. A friend has an all ska dvd which is crazy cool.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
do you guys consider less than jake ska? they have a trombone and sax. I went to see them in minneapolis and found out that yellow card was warm up band for them...seems wierd now that yellowcard is famous. same thing happened with afi..I went to see them at foxfire which is a tiny club like several years before they were big and I hate seeing bands who rocked hard and suddenly aren't as cool just cause they push the same junk on mtv each night.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Yeah i consider less than jake ska. I don't really know many ska bands but i do know them.

·
Registered
728 Posts
The specials is a good one to listen to kinda original I feel old.
save ferris
some of sublimes earlier stuff

·
Registered
214 Posts
Bubbajr. said:
I like reel big fish. SKa bands pretty much end up having like 10 members and its punk with added instruments..different sound
its punk with brass instruments.

but my all time favorite band is SUBLIME! too bad they're gone.

a couple of other ska bands, less than jake, catch 22, operation ivy, mighty mighty bosstones, etc.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I didn't know alot of what i like to listen to is actually ska. I love op ivy goldfinger and ltj just rocks me I went to see them late fall and they rocked me good. sax players a psyco. anyway go ska.

any one else have good ska bands for me....

·
V8 Interceptor
2,125 Posts
Noo... No they're not. Nice try though.

Also, "Pop Punk" is a myth. The correct term for "Pop-Punk" bands is actually pretty close to alternative, I think.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts