Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have been messin on a walmart board but i want something better what would yall suggest? also could yall give me some pointers to get better. i can ollie alittle can skate decent i just gotta work on olliein better and tricks and **** like that.

·
Αdministrator
5,683 Posts
1. Smash the **** out of the walmart board.

Now we can proceed.

Any deck/trucks/wheels are fine. Go for a complete from ccs or something

·
Premium Member
5,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
my buddy is hookin me up with some krux trucks he has only used them a couple times he is givin me some wheels and **** for 35 bucks then i am gettin original logo blind deck, black magic grip tape, indepent shock pads, and some kinda parts kit

·
Its never lupus
9,169 Posts
Whats your shoe size? I need this to determine how long your penis is. I mean, the width of your board. If its 12 or higher you need an 8 minimum. 8 x 32 is a good size.

Indy, monster, fury, grind king and phantom are all good trucks. Bones are the only bearings period, and I recommend their bushings too. Jessup is good grip, but usually its all the same. For wheels, get spitfire or ricta.

For a deck, I definitely recommend lib tech. But enjoi, element, anti hero, real, are all good.

I use copelands decks just because they're usually hella cheap.

·
chicks dig scars baby!
2,477 Posts
DONT GET A BLIND!!!!!!DONT GET A BLIND!!!!!!DONT GET A BLIND!!!!!!DONT GET A BLIND!!!!!!DONT GET A BLIND!!!!!!

their heavy and break easy once u start doin ****. i had a think that was pretty good. ummm **** im tryin to remember my decks.

all the ones snow said are good. id go enjoi out of that list.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Hmm...I have a Zero and it held up really well but I havent skated in years due to a loss of concrete when I moved to the country.
My friend had black magic grip tape. It's supposed to be good but my friend's didnt hold up good at all. If all you can do is a decent ollie then I would say it doesnt really matter what your get. Just because some one else likes a certain thing doesnt mean you are gonna like it. Hmm...I tried a World Industries once and could easily ollie really high on it when I could barely ollie on my Zero. I tried a baker too and couldnt ollie worth **** on it. So, I dunno if I were you I would pick random things...actually if I were really you I would just go for the cheapest. :dodgy:

·
I'mma Let You Finish.
7,445 Posts
Skated about 2 years ago... had an element with independant trucks, spitfire wheels...and i cant remember what bearings i had.

I was never any good most i could do was a haggard ass kick flip. I mostly used skateboarding as transportation back then...

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
i've worked at a skateshop for the passed three years, and I can honestly tell you that chocolate, girl, and zoo york are the best boards on the market. stay away from flip, blind, and world industries. i've never sold one of those that somebody didnt ***** about it chipping really bad or getting stress fractures really quick.

as for trucks, thunders, silvers, and grind kings are the way to go

spitfire wheels of course

jessup grip tape

Flip HKD bearings

any hardware will do fine. anymore questions, just ask

·
Supporting Turtle
2,967 Posts
I'm pretty sure that everybody who plays paintball can say that they used to skate...

anyways, lib tech is the way to go... they're a tad bit more expensive, but they're designed with fiber glass or some crap like that in the middle of it, so they don't stress as much and they'll last three times as long as a normal deck

·
Premium Member
5,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ima prolly get these trucks and stuff from my buddy put them on my walmart board and ride it until i get better/ get the cash for a new board

·
I'mma Let You Finish.
7,445 Posts
theCOWgoesMOO said:
exact same setup i have
ya gave mine to a friend... and i was a little off after i talked to my friend about how long ago exactly it was.

IT was 6-9th grade... and im a senior now lol... i didnt get my element till bout 8th grade.

Mine was a BAM board had a heartagram on one side of it... and said BAM across it.

·
Αdministrator
5,683 Posts
mynameisgeorgel said:
i've worked at a skateshop for the passed three years, and I can honestly tell you that chocolate, girl, and zoo york are the best boards on the market. stay away from flip, blind, and world industries. i've never sold one of those that somebody didnt ***** about it chipping really bad or getting stress fractures really quick.
Actually, yeah, I've used chocolate, girl, zoo york, flip, and world industries (actually owned the boards, not just used it for a second), and the chocolate, girl, and zoo york did stand up the best, while the others did chip. Listen to this guy, he knows what he's talking about.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
I haven't been skating that much lately,all my friends have quit. I wanna go to some park and just shred a bowl all day long.

·
I'mma Let You Finish.
7,445 Posts
Elliswithagun said:
Actually, yeah, I've used chocolate, girl, zoo york, flip, and world industries (actually owned the boards, not just used it for a second), and the chocolate, girl, and zoo york did stand up the best, while the others did chip. Listen to this guy, he knows what he's talking about.
Label/Receipt Number: 0306 0320 0001 6682 9264

Your item was accepted at 3:17 pm on July 18, 2006 in SALINE, MI 48176. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts