Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i went skiing for the first time in my life and damn... what an experince it was. I went with my girlfriend and her family + her sisters bf, who was also a beginer. Well we got all our rental **** and went to talk our little instruction lesson.

This is where things went bad.

They try to get you to make a pie/pizza/triangle shape with your skis to try and control your speed, well i cant bend my ancles in for some reason. So we (me and numerous instructors) tried everything in the entire world to do this. I came to the conclusion that i just CANNOT do this without massive time spent strectching, my legs are just weird. So i am feeling like a complete ass and i told them i was gonna take a break for lunch. So i snuck off, had some food my my gf and family, then skipped going back to the training.

She and her family have been skiing for years, and are really good. They decided to teach me to ski. SO instead of learning pie-wedges and lameness, i learned to parrallel ski, in a kinda sloppy beginer style. It was realy cool and i was owning the easy slopes in no time. I ran a few more practice runs, then we went for a square. It was really intimidating but i only fell twice down the whole run.... before getting yelled because my lift ticket didnt cover any lifts but the noob course.

So then we went back up and did a few more of the easy ones, then called it a day.

Its now like 3-4 days later, and my shins still have red marks from these lame ass boots that dont fit me (im 4E extra wide) and my calf muscles are sitll sore from WALKING up the hill at the ski-lesson place.... ow.

tl:dr skiing rockzors, i cant bend my legs inward at all, and my legs still hurt.

woot.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol, ill try. Toward the end of the say when i was getting the hang of everything finally, we were using all the boarders and less talented skiers as slolem obsacles. Twas indeed a fun day.

·
to lazy to change avatar
1,777 Posts
nice. i started snowboarding last year but havnt gone yet this year. Even being a snowboarder myself, i just wanna kill the ones who just sit in the middle of the ****ing mountain and do NOTHING but sit there with their friends, taking up the whole middle part. one day im just gunna nail one right in the back and say i didnt see him. god i hate snowbaorders like that

1 - 6 of 6 Posts