Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey i was thinking of playing around with a pump at local field for fun. what do you guys tihnk of the SL 68? its a tippmann. i can get one locally for 40 canadian used. are these guns good guns? can you upgrade your barrel like other tippmanns or no?

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
sl-68 barrels are no longer made to my knowledge. I have an sl-68 II, and the stock barrel is actually very good and does not need to be replaced. 40 dollars is a good price considering they can run around 70 dollars US on ebay. As with other tippmann markers, they are very reliable and well built.

The only real disadvantage is that you have to buy an elbow adapter to fir modern hoppers, also parts can be difficult to come by. (pm me for a link that sells them)

EDIT: sorry, alpha, had a small lapse in judgement

·
12,110 Posts
Roadkill, you know better then to post that, please take that out. You can just say "PM me for a place that sells stuff"

Yeah you can upgrade the barrel, but there are no threads. Its more of a clamp down type of thing. You can get JJ's for them.

Like previously states, 40 is a great price.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
whatever you do.... NEVER OVER TIGHTEN ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!! i have an sl-68II and the barrel clamp and feedneck clamp cracked (they're part of the body) these bodys are NOT well made. put 5 monkeys in a room with a hammer and a chunk of aluminum and in 5 easy minutes you get an SL-68II.

but i gotta say, while my SL worked, I was owning t3h field!!!

·
Screaming Koala
4,685 Posts
Just like They said, it might take an 68-II barrel like the J&J Ceramic.

As for the body, that's also right. When you tighten the barrel lock screw or the feedneck screw, it bends the aluminum body to tighten against the part. If you really crank down on it, it'll break or crack.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts