Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I'm brand new to paint balling. Went for the first time last weekend and have spent every day of the past week soaking up as much as I can. With that said, I've basically narrowed it down to these two markers for two different price points:

Proto SLG 09 non-UL
Dangerous Power G3

I've heard many great things about the SLG 09 UL, but at that price I'd rather go with the G3. I've done lots of searching and I can't figure out what the exact differences are between the SLG09 and the UL version. The only thing I've been able to confirm was that the UL version has the UltraLight Frame and Trigger. Is there anything else?

Basically, if the performance of the regular SLG 09 is very comparable to the UL version, then I'll get the SLG 09. If not, then I'll bump myself up to the G3.

Thanks for the help guys, and awesome community!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
IMO, at that price, just about anything else OTHER than a SLG or G3. Dangerous Power Fusion F8, for instance, is far superior to either of those.
What makes it far superior? My friend has his sights set on the F8, but I thought the F8 and G3 were only different in that one is a poppet and one is spool? The G3 seems highly recommended on all boards. Could you please let me know?

·
Premium Member
9,221 Posts
I had a G3. They're AWFUL in efficiency, kick quite a bit for a spool valve, have EXTREMELY poor triggers, and a lot of people have had issues with the eye cover screws tearing the bolts front oring apart because they were too long (I did not have this issue)

·
Registered
2 Posts
when i save up enough money i plan to get the proto slg ul 09 with the dye rotor. the only thing i cant decide on is the type of tank i should get for it. i want a 68/4500 but there is ninja, gurilla, and a few other ones. price is not that important but i would not like to spend more than 160 any ideas?

·
Premium Member
9,221 Posts
Ninja are nice tanks because they're easily adjustable regs, and aren't too big. The GA tanks are nice. They're really small, and really light, but they're actually too small for many marker setups. I can only use mine on about 1/2 of my markers. So I'm not the biggest fan of them anymore.

·
Paintball?
7,646 Posts
GA for 68/4500 tanks, otherwise it's just too small.

I'm about to swap my DXS tank reg for a Ninja one, they seem to have amazing recharge rates and pressure consistancy (second only to GA [found the info on the TechPB Forums])
Also, I have a first gen reg, so it's quite long

·
Registered
27 Posts
Tanks

Believe it or not my GA 48/3000 works great on my autococker trily I get about 4 tubes which is 140 each and about 1 hopper full on on a full tank granted it is a HP tank I have upgraded to a 45/4500 crossfire which is supper light and you can get one on the net HP or LP for about 145-160 I am also trying to get either a SLG UL 09 or a SHOCKER SFT if I do I might change the reg out for a ninja your thoughts if you will

1 - 11 of 11 Posts