Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have read through many post an can’t find my an answer to my SLG problem..soooo
We jus got a proto SLG in on a trade an it won’t work..
Problem: with no air I can hear the solenoid clicking every time I pull the trigger. Once I apply air I can hear the gun charge. The solenoid clicks once and the bolt does not move forward . If I unscrew the air tank, sometimes I can get the thing to fire once maybe twice as I’m slowly unscrew in the air tank.
I have removed the bolt cleaned and oiled all the O-rings. Replace the battery. I’m kind of thinking that it might be a regulator problem. Does it sound like that might be the problem or how would I test?
Any help would be great. Thank you.

· Administrator
15,010 Posts
Hi I have read through many post an can’t find my an answer to my SLG problem..soooo
We jus got a proto SLG in on a trade an it won’t work..
Problem: with no air I can hear the solenoid clicking every time I pull the trigger. Once I apply air I can hear the gun charge. The solenoid clicks once and the bolt does not move forward . If I unscrew the air tank, sometimes I can get the thing to fire once maybe twice as I’m slowly unscrew in the air tank.
I have removed the bolt cleaned and oiled all the O-rings. Replace the battery. I’m kind of thinking that it might be a regulator problem. Does it sound like that might be the problem or how would I test?
Any help would be great. Thank you.
Yeah I'd look at the regulator. Sounds like it's way too high. If you give the slg too much pressure it just holds the bolt back.

So, with no air turn the adjustment screw of the regulator in (clockwise) let's go wild and say 5 turns or until it stops whichever comes first.

Put air in it. It will probably sputter and won't stop until you remove the air, that's expected.

Turn the regulator out one whole turn and apply air again. Repeat until it holds air without sputtering, then try firing

Side note, are you turning the eyes off when you try to fire?

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi..
Soooo I’m jus learning how this SLG is working with the electric trigger and eyes an all that koool stuff.. I believe if done by the manual, and I have tried both with the eyes on, and with the eyes off. Also, the regulator that I believe is where you adjust the velocity that screw seems to just screw endlessly. I try to screw in and in and out and no change. Does that help a bit 😬

· Administrator
15,010 Posts
Hi..
Soooo I’m jus learning how this SLG is working with the electric trigger and eyes an all that koool stuff.. I believe if done by the manual, and I have tried both with the eyes on, and with the eyes off. Also, the regulator that I believe is where you adjust the velocity that screw seems to just screw endlessly. I try to screw in and in and out and no change. Does that help a bit
Yes and no,

You have a problem with your regulator if that adjustment screw on the bottom doesn't stop at either end

Hoping the threats are not messed up can you get me any photos?

· Administrator
15,010 Posts
Oh yea!! Give me a day an I’ll get a few pics ..
I have the manual so I’m going to take the regulator off and see if I can open it up and then I’ll take some photos. Thank you so much for your help.
Take the regulator off the marker (unscrews) then you can get a hex wrench in the top and another one (larger than the adjustment) on the bottom. You can break it apart with those

· Administrator
15,010 Posts
Also with paintball guns constantly changing is this a good gun to put time and money into?
That's kind of up to you.

I actually really like the slg. The design is similar to an agd automag which is a design that's been around since the 90s. The slg has a pretty good shot quality even though the efficiency is not great.

Depending on what year yours is it may or may not have a standard regulator. Standard regs can be swapped out if you want. The later slgs had dye specific regulators on them. They can't be swapped out but I'm pretty sure you can still get parts for them though. A lot of the other parts past o rings are hard to find these days but there's really not a ton that can go wrong on the slg. The biggest one I've found is the bolt can "mushroom" over time making it difficult to get back into the marker when you take it out. This can actually be fixed with some file work though

The one piece of bad news is they are really not worth much. Typically $100 at most. If you are looking to upgrade it would be a good idea to keep the slg as a backup/loaner over selling it

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi sorry for my late reply so I tore apart the regulator as shown in the manual an it fired 1 time an broke the plastic (tip that touches the balls) part of the bolt ya so grrrr I jus got a used one in an put air to the gun an IT WORKS… well kind of cause now I got air gray oily stuff coming from the regulator WTH did that stuff come from???

· Administrator
15,010 Posts
Hi sorry for my late reply so I tore apart the regulator as shown in the manual an it fired 1 time an broke the plastic (tip that touches the balls) part of the bolt ya so grrrr I jus got a used one in an put air to the gun an IT WORKS… well kind of cause now I got air gray oily stuff coming from the regulator WTH did that stuff come from???
Like the whole front of the bolt? Post a Photo

Grey oily stuff is usually old oil or oil from the compressor, where are you getting your air fills from?

Oh a can I get an upgraded regulator?
Thanks
Maybe, depends on what year slg it is. Post a photo and I can tell you

· Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi ok sooo get this… I was able to get it to fire like 4 shots(no PBS) jus dry… then it stoped I looked at it an the bolt was in the back postion..so I took all the orings off to see where it was binding up an it wouldnt slid in an out the bolt tip wouldn’t slid in hummmm so I oiled it up reassembled it applied air an bang it fired once an yep plastic tip broke…soooo I ordered a used on it’s all metal however it won’t slide all the way in either WTF!! Any ideas?

· Administrator
15,010 Posts
Yes actually I've had this exact thing happen.

When you are putting the bolt in the back of the marker, take the front section of the bolt (the one you replaced) and put it in first. You have to wiggle it around with your finger a bit to get it to slide in all the way. You will also need to pull the trigger to drop the sear out of the way while doing this. Get it all the way forward into the breach before installing the back portion of the bolt assembly

· Administrator
15,010 Posts
Right so I took all the orings off an still with a lot of force an yep (removed the sear) an wiggled but nope it won’t slide in at all is there a chance the breach is messed up?
I really doubt it. Taking the o rings off won't do anything.

One thing you can try is take a small file to the ring where the sear catches the bolt. It's the ring right where your original plastic bolt snapped. What can happen is over time the ring mushrooms out a little and the tolerances in the body are so tight that it makes it really really difficult to get back in

But really just keep trying. You need to get it dead center to go in all the way. If the sear is causing issues just take the body off of the frame and hold the sear down. Typically the hang up point is just behind the sear though so it's not causing the problem

1 - 20 of 27 Posts