Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright just a quick question.
K I was thinking about buying the Smart Parts Epiphany, actually I prob. will be buying it, but anyway, would I have to use Nitrous with it, or can I just use plain co2?
I really need to get a new marker cause I have the , Spyder Imagine!

·
Registered
58 Posts
I seem to recall someone telling me that you can run an Epi on CO2 or HPA. I'd recommend HPA even though it costs more up front, but there are some long term advantages which I really can't get into. Search the forums and you'll find alot of posts arguing about these 2 air sources. If I got into it here, I'd end up hijacking your thread.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
DO NOT RUN IT ON CO2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You will break every seal/o-ring in that gun. Get HPA(not nitrous, it is nitrogen) and love that gun.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Compressed air and Nitrogen are basically the same thing, they take the air from the environment and compress it, which is composed of mostly Nitrogen.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
not co2, nitrogen yes.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
As stated before, it's basically the same thing so saying either will be sufficient.

·
Paintball?
7,646 Posts
And again, CO2 will damage your gun.

Is it really worth a few saved bucks and ruid a $200 gun?

It should be around the same price though, $5 max.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Alright Thanks!!! So what upgrades you guys think I should get with it? The Smart Parts Epiphany? And would a smart parts impulse threaded barrel fit the Epiphany? And what type of feedneck should i get?

·
Bringer of large farts
2,370 Posts
he means, compressed air. Nitrogen hasn't been used for about a decade now.

No actually it's used quite often. Almost anytime you see a bulk system brought in for a major tourny event it's 4500psi nitrogen..

1 - 20 of 39 Posts