Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

whats the best kind of smart parts barrel?

• progressive

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • teardrop

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • all-american

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • freak

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats the best smart parts barrel?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
why is this dumb..........
i voted 4 progressive because i think they are good.

·
Registered
591 Posts
pntball4life said:
why is this dumb..........
i voted 4 progressive because i think they are good. have a problem with that?
I guess not but how is progressive better then the freak?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i voted progressive but its just my own opinion

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
no one is right it's all opinion

·
Registered
434 Posts
Freak with AA Tip. Rock it.
Not much of a difference between the AA and freak fronts. The freak front just has the flare thing with extra milling, while the AA is just normal porting. The only difference is looks.

But seriously...why even put the Freak with the rest? A kit is better than a two or one piece any day of the week.

·
Premium Member
16,148 Posts
obviously freak because you can get the best barrel to paint match.

but all american would be second to freak

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
sorry i'm just madly in love with the progressive...........along with other things

·
Registered
434 Posts
I could see getting something over the Freak Jr...however, an Empire 7-piece or Pipe kit have one problem; they only work with one thread type. If you ever switch guns and your new one doesn't have identical threads as your last, you'll have to buy a whole new kit. With the Freak you only have to buy a new $40 back and now your kit works with both guns.

Plus I see no clear advantage over the Freak with either of the other two; the freak has 8 diameters vs. 5 on the other two, and the Pipe's claims of accuracy down to fifty-thousandths of an inch are pointless since 1)paintballs aren't measured down to ten-thousandths, and 2)with an accurace enough micrometer you'd probably find a difference of several ten-thousandths between paintballs from the same bag.

As far as denting/crushing the inserts...well if you're that clumsy then I guess you should just get a two-piece kit. I've had my kit for a year, and I know several other people who've had theirs for years without breaking an insert. They give you a carrying case for a reason, and there's no point in changing inserts on the field. You just have to be careful.

·
not really named bob...
2,368 Posts
umm...the emire 7-piece is just that. 7 pieces. meaning its got 6 backs.
i just really dont see the point of inserts...i mean why have more pieces then neccesary.
and as far as the threads go, you should have a decent gun before you buy a kit and since allmost all high/mid level guns use cocker threads there is no point.
as far as evil's claim that theyre barrels' measurments are accurate that is good since it means that the entire barrel is the same bore size and it doesnt change as much.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts