Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the title says it all. I'll be playing woodsball mostly, on the rare occasion speedball (but I'd probably hang back anyways; let the crazy ones duke it out on the front line), and the price is essentially the same. I was wondering if one was better than the other due to the barrel lengths. I know the Progressive and Teardrop are the same, but does the length of their barrels matter? If it helps, I'll be using Zap brand paint.

·
Registered
271 Posts
In my opinion, I think a 16" would be a little too long. Personally, I have a 12" teardrop and its good and with a 16", you may like turn around and hit it on a bunker or a tree or something if your not paying attention so if I were you I would just get the 14" teardrop or progressive.

·
Liquor for da Homiez
5,338 Posts
16" is AWESOME.... i have had an 8, 10, 12, 14, and 16..... i like 16 by FAR espesially for airball.... and woods its nice too so u can stick it through bushes or what ever....

i would deffinetly reccomend it. as far as the teerdrop and progressive go.... they are the SAME EXACT BARREL except the porting is different, meaning they will both perform the same... the teardrop milling is cooler looking IMO, but its hard as hell to clean paint out of the porting.... progresive porting is just regular holes.... its up to u.

·
oh snap
4,241 Posts
Cockerkid63 said:
16" is to long you schlong.
Collins88 said:
i would not recommend anything over 14 inches for a barrel.
You two obviously have never played on an air ball field with a 16 inch barrel, and then compared it to a 14 or 12 inch...

I would go for the 16 inch progressive.

·
Liquor for da Homiez
5,338 Posts
well the maker of the thread said he plays mostly woodsball, and some speedball, im assuming that he dosnt meen airball... even though would still reccomend a 16".... i guess its mostly prefrence... but i wouldnt put anything down until u have tried it....

people make 2" out to be more than it is... its not that much longer... but i like it better, better for sticking through/around stuff... if your missing hitting your barrel on your bunker by 2 inches, you are too close anyways, you loose your field perfferal vision...

i say 16"

·
Banned
4,821 Posts
fenix_freak said:
You two obviously have never played on an air ball field with a 16 inch barrel, and then compared it to a 14 or 12 inch...

I would go for the 16 inch progressive.
Wrong, i had a 16" Pipe kit on my old cocker. It was alright, but it was like 2x bigger than my cocker. (Cocker was mini'd)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts