Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts
O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would you do if you saw your kid wiping a hit?

·
Superdeeduper Admin Type
17,774 Posts
I'd pull him from the game, make him sit for a while. Give him a Paintball "time out."

It is no secret that I don't like wipers. I mean it is the fundamental rule number 1 of paintball -- you get hit, it breaks, it marks you, you are out, end of story.

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
MedicDVG said:
I'd pull him from the game, make him sit for a while. Give him a Paintball "time out."

so you want your kid to just play silly rec ball and not go anywhare in paintball?

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My dad has seen my wipe before in tournies and a couple times during army games. At first he was kinda suprised but the more tournies he's seen me in the more he seems to be understanding of wiping.

He thought it was funny when I wiped a hit on my face one time.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The kid needs to learn there are rules in life, and if you dont have the integrity to follows the rules your character as a person ( which is really the only thing that cant be taken from you) is suspect.

As an adult if you are not a person of charcter people will not respect you.

·
Registered
211 Posts
My parents have seen me wipe and my dad wipes too, they both understand the meaning of it :D

·
Registered
176 Posts
olddfatbulldog said:
He thought it was funny when I wiped a hit on my face one time.
Yeah, i would think its funny too...seeing someone rubbing a blatent gog on their shoulder or hand, or trying to rub their mask all over a bunker :rofl

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No I was at a center fifty, got decked with orange paint on my yellow mask. Then tucked into a little triangle thing and wiped/rubbed it. The ref came to check me and wiped off the rest becuase it looked like spray.

·
Registered
2 Posts
No.
wiping is cheating, cheaters are of low moral character. Take your lumps in life and in paintball like a man.

·
Pedobear Supporter
2,526 Posts
If I was a parent and CAUGHT my kid wiping during recball or something, I might scold him, and if he keeps doing it, then i'd start to get mad. But, if it was a tourney situation, then I would allow it.

·
Superdeeduper Admin Type
17,774 Posts
2ffu said:
so you want your kid to just play silly rec ball and not go anywhare in paintball?
There is no tourney scene in northern wisconsin. We play for fun. I am not a big fan of tourneys as they seem to be the root of the problem.

There is a big problem with win at all costs. I see it in football, little league, and even soccer. I don't like it any more there then in paintball. However, I refuse to let it be "the norm." I may not be a great athelete, but at the end of the day I know that I played my best and had fun. That is the reason I play paintball, not because I need to win prizes and be the coolest.

I am soooo tired of the "I am the baddest mo-fo on the field" and the whole win at all costs. I am tired of the swearing, the fights and the one upmanship bravado. I am tired of the "noob" vs. "vets" in paintball.

This is one of the greatest sports in the world. It is more popular now then ever before. However, that doesn't mean that we have to end up being the roller derby of extreme sports.

We are not underground, we are not grunge, we are not a fad. This is paintball, and I love it.

so with that, I retire from the conversation. I have said what I have to say, and on many occasions.

·
Supporter
3,646 Posts
i don't even think of wiping as cheating.
I think of it as an addition to the game. Its like a mini game inside of a game. You wipe it, you take the chance of playing on, or te consequence of not only getting out, but also getting teamates out/disqualified.
its part of the game.

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Medic I pretty much agree with what you say minus the wiping.

I'm ALWAYS modest on the field. I never bonus-ball unless it's against a team I truly hate or unless it's for fun. The most swearing is "GTFO". I never get in fights on the field eitehr. If someone approaches me and tries to start something I usually calm them down.

But I wipe in tournaments, that's about it.

·
Retired
4,332 Posts
the only thing i can say is...are you really number one if you wiped?

the answer is no, you are a loser who cheats and succeeds. no matter how much money, fame or w/e....in the end, you are still a loser.

·
Registered
599 Posts
I've only wiped one time, and only did it because the guy that shot me was an ass. It was a hopper hit and I noticed it, wiped it, and then lit the guy up as he tried to run. Normally I wouldn't wipe, but I really hated that guy.

·
Registered
363 Posts
As a Father of 3 and one more on the way. My son is 10 feb 8th, so I got him his first marker. I want him to learn the sport, but at the same time it is cheating to WIPE the paint, I want my son to learn good morals and cheating is cheating. It is against the rules and wrong, if you want to play, you know the rules and you agreed to play by them.................. I would sit my son out the first time and explain the reason to him, if again he did it it would be a week or more before he got to play. And I would make him sit out till I was done playing............... if he did it more than once

1 - 20 of 70 Posts