Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok guys since me selling my mods never caught on, I am releasing the secret behind my modification so that anyone with any technical knowhow can mod their own Evolution2 Hopper. If anyone wants me to mod thier board I will still perform it for the same price that I have been charging.

Step 1
Remove the board from your hopper.

Step 2
De-solder the 3 contacts that hold the speed adjuster on the board.

Step 3
Look at the 3 contacts on the board where the speed adjuster was. Notice that 2 of the 3 contacts are electrically connected to each other on the board. Solder one end of a 100K ohm resistor to one of those two connected contacts and the other end of the resistor to the contact that is not connected.

Step 4
Put your hopper back together and shoot faster.

Here is a drawing of what your finished product should look like:

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sends a higher voltage to the synchro. The way the speed adjustor works is as the speed adjuster is increased its resistance is increased (to a maximum of 60K ohms) So by putting in a 100K ohm resistor it sends even more voltage to the synchro drive circuit. I tried several resistors and got no improvement in speed past 100K ohms. The circuit board voltage output is the same as the z boards but with no ramp up time so its safe for the syncho and I have been running this mod for a long time now and still no problems.

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well now you can do it yourself and save some loot. Or if you feel uncomfortable doing it yourself I will perform the mod for you.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Thanks for posting this mod for free! Smitty, as you know, my board did not speed up, but he stood behind his word and refunded my $ and put the board back to stock form. Now everyone who is comfortable with a soldering iron can try this. If you are not comfortable, send the board to Smitty - it is a small fee to pay for the extra speed! Others have had great success with this mod!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hey, I was looking at resistors around my pc repair shop in college. Its 100k ohms, but what max voltage/wattage? if your not sure, please describe the look of the resistor.

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Its a tad bit faster than the z board. I use a 1/4 watt resistor. They are like 20 cents a pop at Radio shack.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
this is an awesome thread thanks smitty

·
Registered
296 Posts
smitty, so by increasing the feed rate you are increasing the voltage, right? So if I wanted to make my 2 9v batteries last longer I could slow down my feed rate and that would decrease the voltage being pulled from the batteries which would make them last longer.

Am I making sense? Am I right?

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
intotheflats said:
smitty, so by increasing the feed rate you are increasing the voltage, right? So if I wanted to make my 2 9v batteries last longer I could slow down my feed rate and that would decrease the voltage being pulled from the batteries which would make them last longer.

Am I making sense? Am I right?
You are correct but who the hell wants a slower hopper?

·
Registered
296 Posts
well my hopper feeds 19bps and I can shoot around 12-13 with a peak of around 15 so why would I need a hopper to load faster than I can shoot other than to be able to brag about it. I would rather save a couple dollars every time I play.

·
Premium Member
6,191 Posts
intotheflats said:
well my hopper feeds 19bps and I can shoot around 12-13 with a peak of around 15 so why would I need a hopper to load faster than I can shoot other than to be able to brag about it. I would rather save a couple dollars every time I play.
well that's good...

·
Registered
3,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
intotheflats said:
the y board will not feed 19 bps stock, nor will the z board for that matter. Besides every one should be able to brag about their equipment, I mean isnt braggin' 78.4% of paintball anyway?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts