Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was looking on the internet for smoke/flashbang grenades and i didn't find much. does anyone have any ideas af where i can find some cheap ones? I pretty much only play woodsball, so i was thinking i should prolly use cold burning smoke (millitary style)

·
Registered
191 Posts
nope sry i think i saw a site where u can make ur own i will try and find it.but its hard to make just get some fireworks that make smoke and blow up they should work fine

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
yeah dude. potassium nitrate aka salt peter, and sugar. makes a pretty good smoke bomb. flash bangs on the other hand could be dangerous though, not only to the people you throw them at, but you could easily mess yourself up trying to make them.

·
Registered
191 Posts
viralraindrop said:
the only problem with the fireworks is the wicks might cause a fire
ya it was just a thought at the time....but i am pretty sure u can make a smoke bomb...i still havent found that site but i am lookin

·
Registered
33 Posts
flashbangs? are you kidding? that could cause temporary blindness and really piss off people. dont even think about that.

smoke grenades are mostly useless as well. people tend to shoot at the smoke. so if your useing smoke to move, your gonna get lit up.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I could see those small firecrackers working because they explode really fast; just make sure you dont throw them at someone's body.
How would you make smoke from the salt peter and sugar? Do you just shake them together and they form smoke?

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
those things obviously flash EXTREMELY brightly, to temporarily blind you, and they also make a very loud bang, which would probably deafen you temporarily also, or at least make your ears ring for a very long time....if someone threw one at me i'd literally throw a rock at their head or sumtin....

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
I beg to differ Ryan. I think that flashbangs and smoke grenades are very important. If you are under heavy fire you could throw a smoke out and run through it. Flashbangs are diffferent though, they hurt your eyes. So the heck wit hthat

·
Registered
489 Posts
If you are hiding behind a NatureBunker in Woodsball, and an Enemy is walking twards you, but they dont know you are there, then you could Light the Smoke Bomb and Quick Throw it in a Different Place, The Person would think that it is someone over there Trying to hid themself, the Enemy would Shoot over there with there Back to you, and Bang, you get them right on thier Back

Not Sure if it would work like that Exactly

·
don't drop the soap
3,896 Posts
I played with people that used the fake military smoke stuff. VERY annoying, smells like crap, hard to breath, and pretty much useless in most scenarios. Flash bangs I don't know about, seems like un-needed damage to eyesight to me. But whatever floats your boat.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
I think smoke-grenades are great.
Do they work? Not really. Usually the smoke blows in whenever direction is the worst possible direction.

Or.. the other team throws it back at your.. or it doesnt go off. or it starts a fire.
Functionally, they are useless, but it adds a great element to the game.

Avoid the Pottasium Nitrate mix though. It burns extremely hot, and WILL likely start a fire. I made a massive one that was about 10 pounds!! Started a huge fire!!!

Also avoid the flash-bangs. They are considered fatal at close range. They are just grenades with a low amount of shrapnel.

Nick

·
Registered
48 Posts
actually flash bangs give off no shrapnal. I read in a book about delta force, they were doing an airplane hijack senario for traning and they had guys on the plane as passengers and a flashbang went off in is lap and he only had minor burns.

still not a good idea for paintball. jsut letting u know the facts

1 - 20 of 93 Posts