Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im watching the history chanel on spartans. And they are so bad ass. They like beat the crap out of everything and owned in the battle of thermopoli. And they had secks with hotties alot. When I grow up I wanna be a spartan.

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
They lost in the Battle of Thermoplyae, some Spartan told Xerxes to go around the mountains and get behind them. Even though they did kills thousands when they only had 300 or so while Athenians escaped to Salamis...

In Social Studies we are doing a simulation thing where half the class is Athens and the other half is Sparta. My friend and I wanted to be Sparta but everyone else in our group wanted to be Athens :(

-Mike

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats lame. Yeah they did lose but thats because it was 7000 athenians with 300 spartans in front against something like 80,000 (edit it was 200,000)or so. Im to lazy to keep watching and listening for the exact number. But they did lose :( but killed like 450845740987508 persians. Because they are bad ass. And all the athenians retreated but the spartans stayed.

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
i wouldn't want to be a spartian...

their military promoted their soldiers being gay....they felt that you would fight harder for your butt buddy than just a bro.

·
12,110 Posts
Thats becuae they made everyoen join the military, and taught students more down to earth real life lessons that every one has an application in every day interaction with society. With this they were able to build up a strong military, and a strong sense of nationalism, and kicked anus.

·
Registered
917 Posts
chromekilla said:
they liked it in the anus too

you can fit right in.....
I hope you didn't mean that the way I'm thinking of...

·
Gates Boxing Club
7,065 Posts
my textbook said persia had it's entire army of something like 1 million attack, while the history channel says 200,000. either way, its a hella huge army against couple hundred spartans. they fought for liike a week, and the spartans hadn't even really had a dent in their forces when the persians finally went around and sneak attacked from behind.

the persians lost tens of thousands to a few hundred spartans. yes, id say the spartans were hella badass

1 - 17 of 17 Posts