Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
mil-simer
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finall I got a better hopper than my TM Series Rip Clip and bought myself a Halo Too. I kind of already have a Halo Too, the thing is it is somewhere in Mexico city waiting to be sent back to the U.S so that it can be re sended to Guadalajara. The difference is that when I checked I bought the older 1.0 version and the one in Mexico City is the 2.0, and I didn't know that the Halo Too had a previous version. Anyway, this is my experience so far:

I oped the package and saw the other stuff I asked for and a white box, where I found the Halo Too inside. It had no manual nor batteries or anything else, just teh hopper. So I placed the batteries inside and did a drop test to see how fast it is. I realized that when I turned it on that it worked with eyes and not with ears like the 2.0, I also noticed it only has one button and I coudn't see any possible way of programing it. So I started the drop test and I counted 12 seconds for 150 balls, that means it loaded at an aprox. speed of 12.4 BPS (And I say aprox since is sometimes didn't load anything because there where no balls in the ring). Is this how fast it is supposed to be? I have my marker at 8.5 BPS so it is not much of a problem, but I though it was like 15 BPS on this hopper. I guess is probably the batteries, I used duracell (it uses 6 AA batteries).

·
mil-simer
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I can't find any manuals of it, and when I thought I did it wasn't of that one, I got one of the Halo Too 2.0, of the Reloder B, the Halo A, Halo B, Halo V35, Halo Rip Drive, bur not Halo Too 1.0, just a review stating ho wawesome it is (from 2002). Acording to the review guy, this thing cann reach up to 22 BPS, mine can only get to 12.5 BPS what is wrong in here?.

·
mil-simer
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've checked the box and it says "Halo Belt Drive Series". I've never heard of that, but I noticed that the Hopper in the picture of the product is not the same nor the name. I think I've been cheated by that online website. Still, the hopper should reach 20 BPS acording to the box front, and it doesn't.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Sounds like a Halo B.

And keep in mind that "drop tests" don't work on force-fed hoppers like the Halo line - they're designed to have a ball-stack in place to utilize spring tension. It'll feed a lot faster on a gun.

·
Premium Member
9,221 Posts
Halo Belt Drive was the entire family of Halo's. HaloB was the most popular of those. Technically I think the Halo Belt Drive had a different board so it was much slower than the Halo B proper, but that was I believe the only difference.

·
Registered
124 Posts
my halo b is prolly only feedin around 15 bps. But im not complaining, and i dont think it should be a big deal for you either. the board on my rail only gos up to like 15 bps and my field only allows twelve, so its all good. I got mine used for $30 tho so maybe thats why i dont mind haha

·
Paintball?
7,646 Posts
Yeah, I don't think there are different versions of the Halo Too
Definitely would say that you got a HaloB, still not a bad hopper (actually a pretty good hopper)

·
mil-simer
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sounds like a Halo B.

And keep in mind that "drop tests" don't work on force-fed hoppers like the Halo line - they're designed to have a ball-stack in place to utilize spring tension. It'll feed a lot faster on a gun.
Oh, that explains a lot. Still here are some pics:

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
Well I can't find any manuals of it, and when I thought I did it wasn't of that one, I got one of the Halo Too 2.0, of the Reloder B, the Halo A, Halo B, Halo V35, Halo Rip Drive, bur not Halo Too 1.0, just a review stating ho wawesome it is (from 2002). Acording to the review guy, this thing cann reach up to 22 BPS, mine can only get to 12.5 BPS what is wrong in here?.
whew, reading this post is started to worry maybe you had gotten a Halo TSA instead......

As others have said looks like a halo B for sure, but all the variations look pretty similar. I'd try and see if the v35 code is on it, should be able to adjust things from there.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts