Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was doing my urban expedition thing today. Checking out a house. I still dont have a mask.. and I went to open an attic door in the ceiling.. I jump up, hit it, it moves.. and down comes chuncks and chuncks of insulation and dust. I stand dumbfounded and then just put my sleve in my mouth and try to get away from most of it.. but im a retard and didnt consider what just happened and continued to open it a bit more.. only more came down..

So I got away from it.. and my throat was killing me. Ive already got a sore throat and this made it way worse. I was hacking and it sucked..

So, in 30-40 years.. im dead.

But I did manage to scare the **** outta two girls that were with me and take some cool pictures

·
look LOOK ! ha you looked
705 Posts
asbestoes>you :dodgy:

·
Since 1923
1,909 Posts
dude you can get compensation if you worked for buildings who have apestof or whatever it is

My dads friend makes alot of money because his FATHER worked in a builidng that contained that house...he doesnt work...they have a 1.2 million dollar house :dodgy:

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pink paint said:
dude you can get compensation if you worked for buildings who have apestof or whatever it is

My dads friend makes alot of money because his FATHER worked in a builidng that contained that house...he doesnt work...they have a 1.2 million dollar house :dodgy:
I wasnt exactly working.. more like trespassing..

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
meh, add it to the list..

I post pics tomorrow.. camera is charging

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
D_Smalls said:
I wasnt exactly working.. more like trespassing..
that technically doesnt matter..... robbers who get attacked by dogs or get cut on windows they break out can sue. :dodgy:

·
Retired
4,332 Posts
i eat asbestos for breakfast, and it hasnt killed me yet....

seriously tho, it usually takes a year or two of constant exposure to airborne asbestos fibers to cause serious problems (such as mesothilioma (sp?)). yeah, sure it tastes like ****, but you will be ok....one minor exposure wont clog your lungs or cause too many of your aveoli to bleed and fester.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yeah i figured one incidence wouldnt be enough.. but it freaked me out.. and yeah.. it was horrible.. ****ing house.

·
¡Viva La Rob!
6,076 Posts
if you're concerned you can probably got o the doctor.

but i just find it funny that you don't even seem to care lol.

my dad gets free health checkups from some 9/11 organization because his company allowed the workers back to the building before ground zero was completely cleaned up. they had to wear masks, but the environment was still littered with asbestos. so he gets a call and a checkup to make sure everything is ok.

·
Its never lupus
9,169 Posts
That sucks dude, I heard some college people talking about how if you swallow a little hydrogen peroxide so it gets in your throat and then you spit it back up it'll really help with like a sore throat because it just kills all the bacteria.

·
12,110 Posts
I thought asbestos wasn't bacteria? Its a synthetic fire retardant and insulator. The reason its so dangerous is ebcuase on a microscopic level, its shaped like a little hook so it can latch onto your throat and stuff.

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
That's alright, my father used to crawl inside asbestos pipe as a kid to seal the joints and then would break it (and breath in the dust) as a teenager to make it fit. He's ok, though one of the guys that worked with him ain't so good.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts