Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
PbF Administrator
3,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I am at a stoplight waiting to turn left. The light was red and all of a sudden a 77 year old lady rear ends me doing about 10 mph. I keep the bike up and was pushed about 8-10 feet. It hurt my back but other then that I am ok. I was mad though. I get off the bike and walk back there and she is eating a sandwich and I get mad and ask her what the hell she is doing. There is no visible damage to the bike as her bumper hit the tire. If there would have been damage to the bike i would have been even more pissed. This happened friday and my back has hurt since then. I go to the doctor today and he says i have whiplash and prescribed me some muscle relaxer and pain killer. I am bored so i figured i would tell you guys the story. Here is a diagram of what the road was like. I am the blue line and she is the purple square.

Attachments

·
Supporting Turtle
2,967 Posts
You mean she's the purple square?

Eating while driving isn't a good idea. You should have taken her sammich.
p
Sucks that you got hurt, does your back really bother you now? That'd piss me off so bad, hate getting hurt because of somebody doing something stupid.

·
teh car guy
1,292 Posts
that sucks to hear, hope your back gets better. That's the only thing that holds me back from getting a bike is the fact that if I'm in a wreck, its because of someone elses stupidity.

BTW, what road was this on?

·
45's to the sky
4,355 Posts
Dude you have no idea, I saw the most ****ed up motorcycle accident today. I was on my way home from Proving Grounds which is in Sheridan and we are driving down 69. I start waking up to my teammate braking and I look up and I see cars braking and a motorcycle in front of us and all of the sudden I see his brakes lock up and his front tire hits the gravel off to the side. I just remember everything in slow motion/blur from there and just being like oh **** with my teammate and seeing the guy just flip off his bike and roll about 20 times and he probably flew a good 50 feet from the spot where he hit the ground. Keep in mind he was going probably about 40 MPH at this point still. He wasn't wearing a helmet and we get up to him and I call 911 and give them the location of the accident and we walk over to the guy and he's just laying there and I see his head/face is bleeding badly.

Luckily a lady in the other lane of traffic stopped and was a paramedic and had a kit in her car and started taking care of him. As we are waiting for the ambulance to come a state trooper pulls up, and as he gets there people on the other side of the highway start stopping and slowing down to see whats going on and a semi slams on its brakes and locks them up to the point where white smoke was coming from them. I seriously thought he was going to jack knife and kill us all but luckily the dumbasses got out of his way. We were there for probably 10 minutes total until all of the emergency vehicles started showing up. It was just ****ed up to see that happen in front of you. He kept trying to stand up and he could move all of his body parts so he should be fine but my teammate was giving an accident report to the state trooper and said you could see some of his skull exposed. That right there is the reason I'd never ride a motorcycle, nor would I EVER ride without a helmet.

·
PbF Administrator
3,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have seen some pretty bad accidents but they would never be enough to keep me off my motorcycle. My back still hurts but hopefully it will get better. It was on the new road that they built that runs beside walmart on 26. I was getting ready to turn left onto mccarty

·
Administrator
23,645 Posts
I have seen some pretty bad accidents but they would never be enough to keep me off my motorcycle. My back still hurts but hopefully it will get better. It was on the new road that they built that runs beside walmart on 26. I was getting ready to turn left onto mccarty
So I take it that means Wal-Mart didn't fire you?

I do not like like that road because I always try to go out the far east side of wal-marts lot onto it and there's not an exit there.

·
PbF Administrator
3,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I dunno I'm still on suspension. They are really dragging this stuff out. I like the road cause that there is a nice s curve that is fun to take on the bike.

·
PbF Administrator
3,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It wasn't. It was flextram and some other stuff. It did make my back feel much better though. I found out about wal-mart earlier as well. I have a decision day on thursday and i will be back to work on saturday.

·
Erect member.
2,323 Posts
be careful on bikes. one of my good friends from high school died thursday from a bike accident. he came around a bend, his brakes locked up and he hit the pickup stopped at a red light in front of him. he died of head trauma. so please be careful.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts