Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
K, many people may say they "hate their school" but mine tops the cake.

Since George *****bush has initiated this new law, schools are prohibited from selling normal sodas in the morning, no candy and such, and the school lunches have gotten smaller, healthier, nastier, yet remain the same price. You have to order lunch to buy snacks though.

Several Schools decided that since they moved to uniforms, the school has been "safer." So ours moved last year. Black or khaki dockers or dickies style pants, with red, white or grey polo shirts. Undershirts must be in school colors, and this year, Jackets must be in school colors. Logos may not be more than 2 inches, or u get an office referral.

THe new policy on cell phones?? The first time you get caught it's a day of OSS, and they keep your phone for 5 school days. Gay gay gay. Second plus,3 days of oss and 10 school days. All over a Cell phone.

On pep-rally days, were only allowed to wear our class shirt at the pep-rally, and that's it. Next week is homecoming week, and our school isn't allowing us to do anything cool. No casual day, no spirit day, no nothing.

I can't check myspace or anything on these computers, and they have a program called "deep Freeze" meaning that even right now, some lady sitting on her fat ass can read all of this, delete it, or do whatever she wants to my computer.

Sorry, I just needed to rant. Anyone elses school suck this bad?

·
Registered
904 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
We The People
5,925 Posts
See, the dress code doesn't bother me because I grew up from 1st-12th having to wear a dress code of some sort. 1st through 8th was a uniform, 9th through 12th was dress pants, dress shirt, a tie, and dress shoes. It wasn't bad, and honestly, it gets you used to it for your career.

Some of the other crap is pretty stupid though. Mainly the lunches thing. Obesity is a personal problem, why is the government stepping in? I hate that...

-Jin

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
deep freeze is not a monitoring program. it just makes sure the hard disk stays the same as when it was originally set. so if you install something, when you restart it will be like it was never there.

but yeah, your school does suck.

big.

cojones. ( )( )

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Jinjiro said:
Some of the other crap is pretty stupid though. Mainly the lunches thing. Obesity is a personal problem, why is the government stepping in? I hate that...

-Jin
sorry for the double post, but i think that the schools might get money if they follow a lunch standard by the government. it seems like they get money for just about anything.

·
Administrator
23,657 Posts
it sounds like you school has had major problems in the past with misbehavior and attitude. That's normalyl why school crack down hard like yours did.

I agree with the cell phones, there's no need to be attatched to you cell during school

·
I was saving that bacon
7,177 Posts
Just curious but how much do you all have to pay for lunch now? When I was a freshman it was $.75 then it went up to $1 and last year it was $1.25. So it will probably go up again in a year or so.... glad im out of there. lol

·
Administrator
23,657 Posts
Jinjiro said:
See, the dress code doesn't bother me because I grew up from 1st-12th having to wear a dress code of some sort. 1st through 8th was a uniform, 9th through 12th was dress pants, dress shirt, a tie, and dress shoes. It wasn't bad, and honestly, it gets you used to it for your career.

-Jin
oo double post :)

I had a dress code for my entire elementry and highschool as well. nobody complained as well and jin is right, it prepares you for life. here's a secret. you won't get to wear shorts and a t-shirt much longer past college, and even for some parts of college. might as well get used to it in highschool as well

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
Ah, suck it up. In HS I had to wear a suit and tie with long pants everyday, you could only wear polo shirts when it was extremely hot. Once a month we got to wear normal clothes, but you had to pay for a ticket to do so. Lunches sucked (and they were like $5), cell phones going off in class meant they would keep your phone for a week and you got four demerits (if you got 12 you're kicked out of school). Same stuff, I went through it, you can too. In fact, my parents had to pay $12,000 a year for me to go through it. :hug:

Now in middle school (public school) it was a different story, every wednesday we could buy dominoes pizza, soda, and ice cream......I also skipped many a class to go hang out in the shop class, where I learned how to make folding knives. :)

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
HAHAHAHAHA

I memorize 3 news articles every morning, the next 4 meals, as well as the number of days until certain events.

Whenever I leave my room I am in full uniform. I collect the upperlcassmen's garbage, laundry, and deliver their newspapers.

I can not speak outside of my room from 0735 to 1730 unless spoken to. After 1730 i can speak in fall our zones. (Academic buildings you can speak in).

I walk with my hands cupped (imagine fists) at all times, unless in a "fall out zone" after 1730.

I am not allowed to use my cell phone unless in my room.

I am required to memorize the names, ranks, and positions of everyone in my Company and be able to recite them on command.

BTW, Bush only signs laws. ***** at Congress for passing them. I think that's taught in High School Government classes.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
I grew up wearing uniforms, untill 5th grade, so I still think its kinda normal.

As far as the cell phone things goes, GET YOUR PHONE OUT OF SCHOOL. I hate it when people whine about that. Or at least have the smarts to put it on silent, vibrate once, then just check it in the bathroom.

My school banned flipflops/sandals/slides last year, you wouldnt BELIEVE the outrage. I thought it was so funny caus they are so annoying and uncomfortable, but everyone wears them anyway.

Oh yeah, like everyschool restrics the internet, you'll find ways around. First you'll ping the sites and use the IP to get to them.... then you'll find every proxy site on the internet and realize they work... then you'll find game on educational sites. Its a big circle.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Personally I don't mind uniforms. Hell, the ACUs are actually quite comfortable. The other ones are too, for the most part. Full Dress is NOT in any way comfortable.

One thing guys,

Life is hard. THere are stupid rules that you have to deal with. I mean, I have to say a certain motto when I leave the table at the end of meals.

"Go cowboys, fire it up C4. Yeee-haw! You know it!" (We are company C4, whose name is the Cowboys. A4 is the Apaches, our logical rival). I have to shout that at the tope of my lungs at every meal. If I don't and someone in my company catches me, I walk hours (marching in squares for hours at a time).

That's a pretty stupid rule. It serves very little purpose, if any at all.

Life has stupid rules. Deal with them, guys.

·
Holy ****ing Asscrackers!
6,721 Posts
Jinjiro said:

-Jin
The government steps in because parents can't control their own kids. The parents are so goddamned apathetic and irresponsible that they have to blame their kids' fat asses on others, all the while neglecting to feed them healthy food at home and enforcing physical activity. Same way the government has to step in on plenty of other things, people are sheep and can't fend for themselves. The vast majority of parents in this country today are poor excuses for parents. Politicians enact laws as a feel-good, knee-jerk reaction, because their constituents ***** about their fatassed kids being fat, and demand the government do something about it. God forbid they actually PARENT their kids :rolleyes:

I hate parents

·
Big Props to L. Ron
1,130 Posts
haha my school seems lax in comparison to yours. At my school if a teacher hears or sees your phone they ignore it for the most part but if a admin or gaurd does he/she takes it until your parents pick it up. for lunch everyday we have dominoes pizza, frenchfries, icecream, cookies, and subs. no uniforms and not many teachers mind if you have innapropraite(sp) clothing

·
Premium Member
16,148 Posts
Do you know the name of this law? Because as far as I know something like that would be up to the state government.

And you're complaining that you can't go on myspace in school? You're joking right?

1 - 20 of 59 Posts