Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
I Vore You
13,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, my friend's car is kind of messed up and the windshield washer hose kind of flies around in front of the car when you use it, and it squirts everywhere, so he started just filling it with water and having fun with it in the school parking lot.

Tonight we were on our way back to the school parking lot to drop a friend off when he goes to wash his windshield, and water flies everywhere. A cop happened to see that, and pulled us over.

He comes out of his car and mumbes "Turn off your vehicle", so my friend looks at him and asks "What?", at this point the cop says "Turn off your ****ing car!"

At this point, we knew we were dealing with a douchebag.

The cop then says "Give me your damn water gun", then my friend replies "I don't have one." The cop then says "I will drag all of you out of this damn car if you don't give me the water gun."

My friend then explained to him that it was the washer fluid hose, to which the cop replied "Oh, that's real ****ing smart."

The cop takes the license and registration and sits in his car for a couple minutes, which in that time he decided to break the license over his stearing wheel.

He comes back and threatens to take my friend to jail for criminal recklessness, and impound the car. He says he can either do that or give my friend a ticket for crossing the center line while he was following us.

So he told my friend to sign the ticket or he would go to jail, it was his choice, so of course he signed the ticket.

The whole time, we never went over the center line, and we were going less than 5 over. My friend plans to fight the ticket, but he already signed it. Is there any way to still fight it?

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I think he must be a rookie cop...looking for any excuse to get someone thrown in the slammer so he can tell his cop friends how somebody had a water gun and was shooting people across the center line...

·
¡Viva La Rob!
6,076 Posts
no you wouldnt..

either way, that blows. girls get off so easy sometimes. a friend of mine just told me she and 3 of her friends for some reason decided to light SAT books on fire in a park, and someone called the cops. the cops came, told them to put it out, and they had a nice discussion about the SATs/college/etc.

now, if that was me - well i'd be ****ed. they'd probably arrest us/give us a ticket.

·
Its never lupus
9,169 Posts
big_balla said:
I woulda told him to **** off.
I wouldn't have but I would've laughed when he threatened to put me in the slammer.

·
I Vore You
13,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
big_balla said:
I woulda told him to **** off.
When the first words out of a cops mouth are him screaming "Turn off your ****ing car", you tend to listen to him and not say anything unless he asks for it.

·
Woohoo
2,350 Posts
Barber said:
No, I'm not sure how much of his info was on the ticket though. We never got a chance to see more than the front of his car.
They put all of that information on it.

Tell the judge that you felt threatened by the policeman's words and that you felt endangered and that you felt that you were forced to sign it.

·
Premium Member
5,184 Posts
yea i feel ya

my friend got pulled over by a cool cop he was like "i'm just goin to warn you cause i know if i give u a ticket u'll loose ur liscence and i dont want to be one of those dick cops"

·
¡Viva La Rob!
6,076 Posts
the worst that you can get into as a minor is like community service.. they're not going to arrest you without calling your parents and if that even happened, you would have had to do something so bad. and in that case, you would have been home before you sat in a cell..

what you want to do is listen to the cop, cooperate, and don't look scared. see if they think you're scared, they'll be able to threaten you with lots of ****. but, at the same time, you don't want to be a smart-ass know-it-all. and i mean like, you dont want to say 'you can't do that, its unconstitutional!' and believe me, i've heard that before. so dont try to push any technicalities against them, or lead them to believe that you know more than they do, cause theyll just get pissed.

but i've gotten out of trouble in the past (for things i didn't and did do) by just playing it cool and explaining the situation in a civilized way. if they see you're not really effected by their threats or yelling, they're not going to really push you to admit anything. and whatever you do, never admit anything unless its blatantly obvious. alot of the times, if yu just simply tell a cop what you do wrong, theyll let you off..

1 - 20 of 30 Posts