Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
V8 Interceptor
2,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else had the pleasure of experiencing it?
I can honestly say, it's one of the most superb games I've ever been at the helm of. The set designs, environment, characters, sprites, and all the rest are mind blowing so far.

The gameplay isn't as smooth as I would like, (Give them a break, it is Beta.) although I'm sure they'll figure that out sooner rather than later.

·
Registered
6,997 Posts
Yeah, I'm s ure you saw my numerous threads on it, haha. Anyways, it was ok, but seeing as it was leaked from the E3 convention, (at least, the one I played was) it was stuck on high settings at a high resolution, giving me 6fps in combat, which wasn't really cool at all.

Game is scary as ****

·
V8 Interceptor
2,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tee-Hee.. I played it on my friends 'system'. I call it a 'system' because it's more like a technological mecha.

His comp quite easily handled the regular FPS in full-fledged combat with 1 Gig of Dual channel Ram, and an NVidia GForce FX 5950 Pro... Let's put it this way, the card needs it's own suction cooling fan :).
(Not saying that's overly special, as I know there's other cards with fans, just stating it's quite a powerful card indeed.)

Anyway, yes. Freaky.
The beginning CG sequence was absolutely exquisite, I've NEVER seen a better looking life-like CG character (Beat out Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within. It was simply astounding.)

The enemy zombies were well done, as well as the bio-mechanical canine-like creature, which decides to feast on one of the zombies before your eyes..

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
i doubty it will suck the graphics just wont be as smooth, i went to the doom3 site last night and compared the screenshot, and the pc version looks very smooth, but the xbox one the lines didnt have the best curves and stuff to them. is there any way of finding out what the recommended(sp) pc settings u should have.

·
Banned
1,346 Posts
ya i got the beta about half a year ago...i finally found it after about a month of searching and downloading fake doom3 files that were viruses over i mesh haha.

it is smooth on my computer untill u shoot a weapon...the the FPS goes down to like 5 lol...other then that its up in the 50s.60s

it is scary tho...all u hear is a zombie moan and u dont kno which corner he is gonna come out of...then u turn around and hes right behind u.

then in another level...i think its the 3rd...ur walked down this hallway...then u hear this bangiing..and this wall next to u starts getting dented in...then this HUGE mechanicle buffalo looking thing comes jumping through the wall lol.

the other scary part was when u are in the big open area...then this HUGE monster comes walked out from around teh corner....about 25 feet tall lol...i just looked at it and was like...holy ****...and started unloading clips into it.

over all the game looks ****en awsome. the graphics are freakin awsome and will be scary as ****. ya the game is choppy as hell whenever u fire...but this leaked beta came out like a year ago...so they have had ALOT of tiem to work out the kinks...which im sure they will.

and doom along with hl2 will SUCK on xbox. all the friends that have xboxs brag and they are like...who needs a computer...xbox is gonna have doom 3 and half life 2.

well just like every other big comptuer game put on a console...the graphics along with the game play are extremely toned down.

its gonna be a great game for xbox users yes...but for people like us that will play it on the computer...it will be a normal mediocre game

comptuer is better...and alway will be better then any console system

1 - 20 of 58 Posts