Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
Nah, don't get a Boxter. If you can find one get a Cayman. They're very similar to the Boxter, but much more "manlier". Plus, they're actually a better handling car than a 911.

·
Taking Back Control
2,191 Posts
How much are you looking for your STI?

I'd maybe pick it up during the summer.
dude, you go through cars like toilet paper, I swear...

Cayman would be pretty sweet. If I had the money for a small sporty car like that, I'd get a BMW Z4, but me being 6'4" I dont know if i'd fit lol.

·
Premium Member
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
its not about having a fast car....i'll get a project for that....thinking civic hatch / 1/2 gen RX-7 / 240z / AE86...something along those lines that I can mod the hell out of

the boxster would just be the summer cruising car, would have a DD beater also

isn't the cayman the SUV? no way i cant drive anything more off the ground than the sti lol

as for selling the STI....it would be under 20K I know that, not sure what I could sell it for by then

Boxsters are for teh females.
yes, they will beg to ride in it :)

edit: and i looked at M3's(way overpriced) and a little more than what i wanted to spend, could go with a 3rd gen RX-7 but i'd rather have something that will start everyday :p heh there was one with under 10K miles that was 29K....love to have it but way to much for a used 7

i'd really like a 911 but i'd have to get an older one, and i'd rather have a newer car than that

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
its not about having a fast car....i'll get a project for that....thinking civic hatch / 1/2 gen RX-7 / 240z / AE86...something along those lines that I can mod the hell out of

isn't the cayman the SUV? no way i cant drive anything more off the ground than the sti lol

as for selling the STI....it would be under 20K I know that, not sure what I could sell it for by then

edit: and i looked at M3's(way overpriced) and a little more than what i wanted to spend, could go with a 3rd gen RX-7 but i'd rather have something that will start everyday :p heh there was one with under 10K miles that was 29K....love to have it but way to much for a used 7

i'd really like a 911 but i'd have to get an older one, and i'd rather have a newer car than that
Well if a M3 is out of your $ range then I would assume that the Caymen is too. The cayenne is the SUV.

Caymen starts at about 50K new:
Porsche Cayman - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts

$20k? If you seriously still have this around May/June I would probably pick it up and fly to NY and drive it back. I have yet to find a clean one for under 20k.

Or how about a Talon and like 15k? :p

·
Premium Member
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
$20k? If you seriously still have this around May/June I would probably pick it up and fly to NY and drive it back. I have yet to find a clean one for under 20k.

Or how about a Talon and like 15k? :p
1337 to come to NY!

it will be less than 20K when I sell it, as of now I owe 21,xxx so at 500/mo for a few more months, i'll be well below 20K ...mine isn't beat, but its not perfect....some paint missing on the front ground effects, scratch on the roof....nothing major though....Interior is nice cept the two burn holes in the passenger seat that were there when I got it

no talons.....only DSM I *might* drive is a VR4....maybe but it would be a long shot....and may/june would be the right time frame actually heh

and yea, not looking to spend 50K lol the M3's i was looking at were the 80's models, but what i want is a mid 90's if i remember correct....those are nice cars

·
Premium Member
13,027 Posts
1337 to come to NY!

it will be less than 20K when I sell it, as of now I owe 21,xxx so at 500/mo for a few more months, i'll be well below 20K ...mine isn't beat, but its not perfect....some paint missing on the front ground effects, scratch on the roof....nothing major though....Interior is nice cept the two burn holes in the passenger seat that were there when I got it

no talons.....only DSM I *might* drive is a VR4....maybe but it would be a long shot....and may/june would be the right time frame actually heh

and yea, not looking to spend 50K lol the M3's i was looking at were the 80's models, but what i want is a mid 90's if i remember correct....those are nice cars
So I take it you'll owe around 17k around then?

If I can make it happen, I'd definitely fly up there and pick it up. :)

·
Into the whole Yale thing
1,073 Posts
1337 to come to NY!

If you are sincerely interested in the M3, look at the '95 M3... you can get one with around 60,000 miles for 10-12grand, and then buy an AA stage II turbo kit and you'll have ~410 RWHP (at only ~8.5psi). Of course, that will total about 20 grand, but still less than a boxster and prob more miles.

·
Premium Member
1,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If you are sincerely interested in the M3, look at the '95 M3... you can get one with around 60,000 miles for 10-12grand, and then buy an AA stage II turbo kit and you'll have ~410 RWHP (at only ~8.5psi). Of course, that will total about 20 grand, but still less than a boxster and prob more miles.

I looked around and the M3's i saw around that year were more than 20K ?!?! maybe i'm remembering wrong...i dunno

you will regret buying a boxter. Especially going form a STI to the boxster.
and i'm not looking to have a car as fast as the STI, i've had my fun in that car, I get bored of things fast....and plus i've had this car longer than any I've owned before lol Just looking to try something new...and i've never had a vert. :)

little history....i've had
81 RX-7
89 integra
2002 protege5
2003 protege5
and the STI

so just want something different

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
NO AMERICAN! :p
Bah, just get a Solstice GXP/Saturn Sky Redline. More HP than a Boxter, zips around the track just as fast too, but costs about $18,000 less. I'll take $18,000 grand over a nicer interior and name any day.:p

Seriously though, other than the interior they aren't that bad. The Honda S2000's aren't bad either, that may be another option. Fun little cars and they handle extremely well, but the engine is a bit whiney for my taste. I wouldn't get a Miata or a Boxter, both are just to "chicky" and the Boxter will cost you an arm and a leg if you ever plan on modding it. Same with an SLK (chicky and too expensive). A Lotus would be fun, but they are stupidly tiny. The foot-well is so small I couldn't drive it with shoes on. Plus I don't think you're going to find one used for much less than $40,000. I'd look around, the small roadster category is chalk full of good vehicles.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts