Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yea im a dumbass I know. Anyways i was in there for a little bit and realized it was in my pocket. I take it out and the screen is completely filled with water. I let it air dry all day and found out about the oven technique so I have it in the oven right now at about 110 degrees. Supposedly if you do this for about 5 hours it will revive it. If this doesnt work, im going to have to get the cheapest cingular (sim card slot) capable phone on ebay which might be something like this :(

·
Holy ****ing Asscrackers!
6,721 Posts
if you shorted something out and fried it, no amount of baking it in the oven will help it. shoulda got insurance....

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I ended up taking it all apart and letting each piece dry out. Then I put it back together. The phone seems to work just fine like it used to except both LCD screens are a dark blue color and dont show anything else. I dont know if I can cal people if the screen doesnt come back to normal but I do receive calls with it.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea well im just going to try to find someone around here that has an old one that they arent using anymore. All I gotta do is put my sim card in and away i go...

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Samsung X497 not terribly expensive but it still leaves me without a phone..

D

·
0 Posts
is the litmas (sp?) pad red?

I went in a pool with my moms and it was blood red.. it didnt work anymore

·
Holy ****ing Asscrackers!
6,721 Posts
the litmus paper is for when you take it into the store complaining it doesn't work anymore, but you SWEAR on your MOTHER'S GRAVE that you NEVER EVER EVER got it WET!!!!

people are morons

·
PbF Administrator
3,361 Posts
Buy one of the Cingular Go phones and put your sim card in there. I think those phones are about 50 bucks and they are pretty decent.

·
Registered
3,524 Posts
You can find some cingular and t-mobile phones cheap on the nation. If you would've dont this 2 weeks earlier you could've slapped your sim in my old t-mobile flip. :hug:

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
eh for now im askin everyone i know if they have an old cingular or tmobile phone laying around. Somebody has to have an old one that they dont use anymore..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts