Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad and i decided to go to Summit Racing in Ohio to pick out some parts for our 305 small block in the el camino. Heres what we came back with:

~Summit Racing Modified Cam
~Summit Racing Intake Manifold
~Summit Racing Air Cleaner
~Summit Racing Roller Rockers
~Summit Racing Hydraulic Lifters
~Summit Racing Valve Covers
~Summit Racing Breather
~Summit Racing Timing Chain Cover

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
XtremeAaron said:
Awesome dude you went to the Tallmadge store. Thats like 33 miles from me.

Its crazy in there, any part you would need for any small/big block chevy, mopar, or ford engine. and EVERYTHING is in stock. You could easily spend all the money you win in a lotto in there.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Duration 272/ 282, Lift .442/ .465 on the cam. its pretty mild, but still an improvement on the stock 30 year old one. It is all original, and we plan to get a set of blueprinted high performance cast iron heads. We also want to get a valve body kit, and a B&M shifter.

·
Imperator
19,071 Posts
No1TubaPlayer said:
Duration 272/ 282, Lift .442/ .465 on the cam. its pretty mild, but still an improvement on the stock 30 year old one. It is all original, and we plan to get a set of blueprinted high performance cast iron heads. We also want to get a valve body kit, and a B&M shifter.

That should be a pretty nice cam setup for a daily driver, a little burble, but wont cause you trouble. What's the ratio for the rockers? If it's a faster opening ratio than stock it will still make the same power as the new cam with stock rockers, but with more low end torque. Perfect for a 305. (Of course, that's only if a few other things are done right, but I wont get into that.)

Only other thing I might have gotten is new pushrods, but with the roller rocker/hydraulic lifter combo you should be fine.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
We got stock 1.5 ratio roller rockers. like i said im just looking to put a little oomph into the daily driver. thanks dooms :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts