Paintball Guns and Gear forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I've been in the market for a new marker since I decided to get back into paintball and I won a Tippmann SMG60 on ebay just the other day. I love old school markers and these things were awesome back in the beginning. Being clip fed, but full auto I felt I could make a decent senario game gun out of it. However, I just found out today that they shoot .62 cal balls and not the modern .68 paintball... They don't make the .62 anywhere... I checked... nothing... zilch... nada... So I figure this thing is as good as a paperweight heh... Am I SOL? Or can you guys think of any way to make this gun usable... My only theory is to adapt the stripper clips to hold .50 paintballs which many blowguns use?

·
Screaming Koala
4,685 Posts
I think that .62 is made in limited quantities every now and then. I've seen it turn up online sometimes.

I'd look on http://www.mcarterbrown.com/ 's forums and stuff. They've been known for older markers.

If nothing else, I wouldn't permanently modify it. They're pretty rare.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
theres a guy by the name of "smg60user" floating around the internet who can get you the hook up. i remember being on his homepage, he was promoting a company that still produced .62 cal paintballs and stripper clips

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I'm just a little bummed that I can't use it. I don't think I will sell it though, I plan on restoring it as much as I can in the hope I will find some correct balls someday. I'm also trying to find a siphon, not antisiphon tank, because apparently these things love liquid co2. I will post up some pics when i get it cleaned up. Oh and as for modifying it, I would never do something irreversable to the gun, I was thinking more along the lines of putting like electrical tape inside the stripper clip holes to make them smaller/tighter to accomidate .50 cal balls? I figure it's worth a shot or something.

·
3D Airsmith
1,689 Posts
Just go to a proshop and have them install the antisiphon tube upsidedown. This way your drawing liquid co2 and not gas.

also if you use .50 cal your aim is going to go wild.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, funny thing, I was browsing that mcarterbrown forum and there is actually some guy who is undertaking a .55 cal conversion and has had a lot of success. I guess he plans on selling it soon, I feel muchhh better... I still plan on getting another marker for my main setup, but it will be cool to rock this thing at some games!

·
Registered
559 Posts
Buy a newer marker like a pro carbine its a modern gun with an oldschool look (and light as hell might i add).

·
Registered
108 Posts
dude i want one of those! wasn't it the first tippy banned from tourneys.

btw i saw some .62's at my local gander mountain store,also at my military suplus for blowguns

1 - 8 of 8 Posts